Decided to get the Pro-97

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikd65

Well, I have decided to bite the bullet and get the Pro-97 while it is on sale. I will let you know what I think of it later. There isn't a whole lot of trunking around here BUT, I have plenty of conventional and some milair to listen to. Plus it will be nice to be able to program via the PC (it takes hours to program the MVT-7100 mentioned later, and you will understand my frustration after you read about it).

FYI, I will most likely be selling my Yupi MVT-7100 which DOES have some issues. FS link follows. Let me know if you are interested.

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50579

E

Last edited:

N4JNW

You won't be disappointed.... I loveeeee mine... Someone beat me for wanting to get rid of it...

erikd65

KG4LJF said:
You won't be disappointed.... I loveeeee mine... Someone beat me for wanting to get rid of it...

I am hoping to re-spark my interest in scanning by getting the Pro-97. I like to be mobile with a scanner, especially when I am plane spotting out at the airport.

N4JNW

Pro-97 is the shiz-nit for plane spotting. Make you a single bank full of your local air frequencies. Ground, Tower, App./Dep, everything and just sit back and let er' go! You won't be disapointed...

N4JNW

Why not go ahead and grab you one of the LilKases for the Pro-97? If you're going to be toting your brand new scanner to the airports, you might want to invest in a little protection. For the price $19.95 + shipping, you can order them. I have one on the way for mine, and I can't wait to get it!

scannermaniac

I bought a Pro-97 yesterday and am pleased with the features, Esp. the Signal Stalker. The only thing I don't like is That the Squelch and Volume Knobs are combined..I seem to have to adjust it more often than my pro-96. Good luck with yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.