deciphering some new haven PD codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodi

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I am pretty new so thanks in advance for your patience.

I am trying to decipher some code talk from some recent New Haven PD dispatch.

NHPD officers were dispatched to a home. Among the info conveyed by the dispatcher was something that sounded like "code 3 looks like signaling at that location."

This was after the dispatcher gave the officer the address (of a poss. burglary in progress) and before describing the basic narrative, ie Caller said man entered building ... etc.

Police then headed for the location.

I know code 3 in new haven means supervisor requested (although I don't knowi if that means the officer is requesting a supervisor or a city resident is requesting a supervisor)

I also know code 3 is used by a lot of places to mean lights and sirens (though not newhaven?)

Anyway, not sure either of those fit this and was wondering if anyone knows what they could mean by saying that 'a code 3 is signaling at that location.'

Thanks a lot

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Yes I looked up the codes and it means supervisors requested by units on scene.you can find the list by clicking on the database then clicking on connecticut ,then new haven county,after that click on the light blue wiki button between discuss and watch buttons and there are codes for several towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.