Decker Fire Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy88

Premium Subscriber
In the frequency database, go to Colorado Federal, and then scroll down to the Durango Interagency Dispatch Center and the Pueblo Interagency Dispatch Center. The fire is burning in both the Rio Grande (Pueblo Dispatch) and Pike-San Isabel National Forests (Durango Dispatch). Not sure which one has incident command. The frequency descriptions will read as “air/air” or “air/ground” for either dispatch center.

crazy88

Premium Subscriber
In the frequency database, go to Colorado Federal, and then scroll down to the Durango Interagency Dispatch Center and the Pueblo Interagency Dispatch Center. The fire is burning in both the Rio Grande (Pueblo Dispatch) and Pike-San Isabel National Forests (Durango Dispatch). Not sure which one has incident command. The frequency descriptions will read as “air/air” or “air/ground” for either dispatch center.

So I was wrong, both the Rio Grande and Pike/San Isabel National Forests fall under Pueblo Interagency Dispatch.
Try these out:
121.07500 CO7 Air/Air 1
119.57500 CO7 Air/Air 2
126.35000 CO7 Air/Air 3
166.93750 CO7 Air/Ground 10
167.22500 CO7 Air/Ground 35

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
So I was wrong, both the Rio Grande and Pike/San Isabel National Forests fall under Pueblo Interagency Dispatch.
Try these out:
121.07500 CO7 Air/Air 1
119.57500 CO7 Air/Air 2
126.35000 CO7 Air/Air 3
166.93750 CO7 Air/Ground 10
167.22500 CO7 Air/Ground 35
The problem with this is that these frequencies are only used during the initial attack period (first 24 hours) before they are moved to an incident specific communications plan. These frequencies would not be used on a fire that is nearly a month old.

crazy88

Premium Subscriber
The problem with this is that these frequencies are only used during the initial attack period (first 24 hours) before they are moved to an incident specific communications plan. These frequencies would not be used on a fire that is nearly a month old.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. That would explain why I was hearing limited traffic on the similar channels for Fort Collins Dispatch for the McNay Fire. I wonder if incident frequencies are published somewhere in some sort of operations plan for the specific national forest.

AZMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Just noticed that 169.1500 is being used as the air-to-ground tactical frequency known as channel 12.

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
The TFR lists a frequency of 119.15 am for a contact frequency, this is probably "air attack", monitor this frequency and you will hear other frequencies for air 2 air and air 2 ground.
73, Rex

Status
Not open for further replies.