Declaration of conformity, Yaesu FT857D

Status
Not open for further replies.

lin3coln

Can anyone inform where I can download a Yaesu declaration of conformity form, for the Yaesu FT857D please? or if you have such a copy, let me have a copy...Many thanks in advance.
Lin3coln.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Declaration of conformity for what?

You may end up having to contact whatever Yaesu office handles sales and service in your part of the world or maybe your importer.

lin3coln

Conformity declaration by manufacturer fo equipment

Dear Joe,
A week ago I ignored what the above meant, but when I applied here in mauritius to import the tx I ordered from USA from HRO, FT857D, the authorities request I have to give them a certificate of conformity relative to this TX in which the electromagnetic compability, safety conditions as well as the frequency spread of the tx bands are conforming to the International, and or European standards...ie CE, FCC or other ...Have spent hours looking and ended up getting a 2003 one on the web but its for the FT857 only not the D version of today...I tried to bluff my way and am holding thumbs till I get my reply next week on, since I mailed them that the 857 is the base model and the D was an option and today its offered as a package deal just as when U buy a car today as opposed to 20 yrs ago the Aircon comes with the power steering or the Turbo in Trucks for example...not easy to convince these guys...praying and waiting...They have the prospectus as well as the operators manual, but to no avail...!

I have attached the address of the doc I got of Yaesu dating back 2003 which I handed in?

Thanks for your moral support !

PS have requested same from New Castle HRO and Yaesu California, both mention no amateur kits needs approval in Usa, Hong Kong Yaesu asked me where I am they might help me hopefully Monday???
There are no Agents in Mauritius, only 2 licences were issued in 2013.

As for the Puxing uv9r or 973 it seems a good radfio if you get to programme it in the end, spent whole day trying, pointless have decided to order new cable and cd everything...don't need this type of aggravation in this century, enough issues more important all around us!
have a nice weekend ,

Francois Lincoln
Mauritius
3B8GY

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
HRO and Yaesu US are correct that amateur radio gear sold in the U.S. does not need FCC approval unless it falls under FCC Part 15 rules regarding scanning VHF/UHF receivers. With most radios sold in the U.S., you'll find a statement of conformity in the owner's manual.

Your Yaesu HK contact sounds like a good lead. They may be more familiar with exporting Yaesu equipment than the Yaesu US office.

Are there any amateur radio dealers in South Africa or India that might be able to help? Of course, since you didn't buy from them, they may not be very sympathetic to your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.