decode tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

ob123

Premium Subscriber
a

Ok, what i do is hook up my scanner to my computer and record the fire traffic on to a program audacity beta 1.3 , then after a tone goes out, I go to anylize and plot spectrume to find out the hertz.....but it just so happens i live near monmouth.... what do u need?

Now, the p13 is on your minitor ii I am guessing? That is the third tone reed(tone C)..... most of the time thought, you will not use tone C. P13 stands for plectron tone # 13..... and the hertz for that is 1082.0hz.

Thanks, any questions, i will try to answer...

scannersnstuff

countryboy.keep in mind i'm not an expert,but i do know some about tone's.
usually most public safety pager's are 2 tone sequntial.there are some that are 3 tone i believe.i think camden county may use some 3 tone format's <?>.i also believe that there are a few single tone.i think freehold boro.may have a single tone format.in 2 tone,the first reed or tone is the "setup" tone and the second one is the "kicker" tone.the siren or beep's at the end don't need to be set off by a tone.i think they are just part of the paging format.however,some town's whistle's or horn's can be set off by a 2 tone paging format also.please,if i'm wrong someone enlighten me.i could alway's use learning more about radio.

ob123

Premium Subscriber
In my case, when my towns fd gets a test, tone A and B go out, but not tone C. You see tone A and B will set off my pager, but tone C will set off the town siren, and open the bay doors. In most cases though, you will only need tone A and B.

Now for the siren that wistles at the end of the page: it is very difficult to make that siren, and has nothing to do with activating the pagers.....so no need to worry about that...

scannersnstuff

why is it difficult to make the siren ?. does the dispatcher have to go woo,woo,woo,woo,woo,woo,woo ? LOL

ob123

Premium Subscriber
Lol.....nah..... I am saying that there is no specific hertz to make it.

I might have the siren recorded though if you want it...

Status
Not open for further replies.