DSDPlus Decoding 2 control channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adenosine

I am currently running 2 RTL SDR's controlled by separate DSD fastlane 1R instances. The system I monitor is a statewide p25 Harris system. I just happen to be able to get two of the towers. Each tower has it's own Control Channel, some overlap of data, but also carries unique transmissions for that zone.

Is is possible with Fastlane and two RTL's to have just one instance of 1R running?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Negative. Each site must run a separate instance of DSD+, be it 1R or otherwise. They can share the same data files, however. as long as they reside in the same directory and you use the -F switch to keep the log files unique.

Adenosine

Thanks for the answer, I can stop looking. I was hoping I could put them both into one feed and set priority for the different talk groups. Guess I will have to wait for the tech to catch up.

cg

Premium Subscriber
You can monitor both sites, one SDR for each site. 2 different FMPx batch files pointing to 2 SDRs for inputs and 2 different ports for outputs. Then 2 batch files for DSDPlus, matching the ports of the two FMPx files for inputs. Last, set the audio from one to come out the left speaker, the other on the right side. There are specific tweaks to do but it works fairly easily.
What you can't do is set different priorities for each zone unless you set up two copies of DSDPlus in two folders (which you certainly can do).

chris

Adenosine

You can monitor both sites, one SDR for each site. 2 different FMPx batch files pointing to 2 SDRs for inputs and 2 different ports for outputs. Then 2 batch files for DSDPlus, matching the ports of the two FMPx files for inputs. Last, set the audio from one to come out the left speaker, the other on the right side. There are specific tweaks to do but it works fairly easily.
What you can't do is set different priorities for each zone unless you set up two copies of DSDPlus in two folders (which you certainly can do).

chris

This is my set up, I run it with two folders. Occasionally, I will add info from one zone to the radio file of the other folder, but that's fairly easy to do. I read what you say to do CG, but I get completely lost reading your post.

All the talk groups the second tower broadcasts that are the same as the other tower, I lock/out to prevent echoing.

polkaroo

Missed him again!
I run multiple discreet folders of DSDPlus/FMP - one per system, each instance of FMP on a different port.
I tried the one folder approach and it was a mess. But that was a while ago.

Originally I was hoping that it would write files with a SysID prefix, but alas no. And backups were messy as well as files get large, they are open for longer periods of time for internet-based backups and DSDPlus and the backup software weren't too happy running concurrently when both wanted access to the file at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.