Decoding Mil Air RR Alpha Tag and where found in RRDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
In my Whistler TRX 2 I am using the RR DB pulled down and recording Mil Air - and finding many more comms than expected - -recording a day helps!

My problem is understanding the RRDB Alpha Tag and secondly where to find them in the actual on-line database.

I understand the refueling AR tracks and the ZKC, ZME etc ARTCC listings but cannot decipher others.

For example, comms on 323.8 heard labeled 22ARW CP from the TRX-2 pull-down of the mil air info. I live in SW MO near OK, KS, and AR and cannot find where these listings appear in the on-line listing to try to determine what these terse tags mean.

Other examples heard: 372.2 heard listed as "USAF PTD"; 228.275 "2BW A-A" (A-A is air to air, but what is 2BW?); 277.7 "ARW A-A"; 300.125 "5BW A-A"; 349.4 "AMC CP CMN" - CP = Command Post, CMN = common, but what is "AMC"; etc etc.

I need help finding where this info appears in RRDB, and/or where some of these short tags can be "decoded."

Thanks

Wally

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm Let's see what others say but I think "AMC" is Air Mobility Command. 2BW is the 2nd Bomb Wing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2d_Bomb_Wing).
372.200 is a common "dispatch" channel. I know its used at General Mitchell Field in Milwaukee as well a others. ARW is Air Refueling Wing. These acronyms I believe are the Military acronyms and are familiar to those that may have served in the Air Force. You will get used to them as you research and learn more about MILAIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.