Decoding MotoTRBO 'beacons'

Status
Not open for further replies.

racingfan360

Apologies if this has been discussed before.....

Is anyone able to confirm the nature of the beacons and longer 'sync' bursts that are often heard on some (but not all) MotoTRBO repeater systems.

- Am I right to assume that data beacons every two seconds are ONLY found on Capacity Plus channels, and more specically only the rest channel

- I'm much less certain as to why on some repeater setups i'll hear a 3-5 sec duration 'sync' burst of empty data every 60 secs or so, while on some systems you'll only ever hear voice with no regular pattern of this sync data. Re the fomer, Ive noticed this pattern more often on COMREP type multi-user systems, while on single user systems you rarely get these regular paterns. In saying that, I've come across a small number of single user systems with regular sync bursts. Is this pattern relate to IP site connect capability maybe?

TIA

Jim

racingfan360

ok, so I admit it's never good protocol to reply to your own posting, but thought I'd share some info/ask for some more help:

For the repeater setups where i'll hear a 3-5 sec duration 'sync' burst of empty data every 60 secs or so, I think these relate to systems that have GPS enabled. If anyone can confirm this or point me to an example where this isn't true I'd sure appreciate it.

TIA, Jim

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
IP Site Connect systems send out beacons at specified intervals so subscribers can determine the best site to use.

If you hear beacons on different channels, check for voice activity happening simultaneously on each channel.

This will allow you to determine which frequencies are linked.

Napsterbater

Our capacity plus system transmits a data burst every 1 or 2 on the rest channel, occasionally the other (non rest) repeater (only 2) will transmit a rather long burst of something for about 3 - 5 seconds not really sure why.

We do not user the GPS or DATA capabilities just Voice, Text and Private calling.

krkmrtn

Our capacity plus system transmits a data burst every 1 or 2 on the rest channel, occasionally the other (non rest) repeater (only 2) will transmit a rather long burst of something for about 3 - 5 seconds not really sure why.

We do not user the GPS or DATA capabilities just Voice, Text and Private calling.

The 3-5 second burst is more than likely the result of receiving a "wake up" request from a subscriber that did not find the beacon or lost the beacon. I am currently fighting this problem with a capacity plus system I maintain

Status
Not open for further replies.