Dedicated Subtopic area for Skip/Open Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimab

Is it possible should there be enough interest in adding a subtopic area for signals Skips/forecasts. It would be great to just have an area to look at and see what the current conditions/findings are.

Users should post time/date/location in the thread title so it's quick and easy to spot these threads.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
bwhite, have you ever heard of the phrase "1000 miles wide, 1 inch deep"?

That's what I'm trying to avoid when developing these forums. Unfortuantely, I cannot rollout every singe forum that someone requests... or we would have 250+ forums.

I do review and consider each request for a new forum.

With that said, I like the idea of a Tropo/Skip forum, and will probably add one this weekend for those that are interested in this portion of the hobby.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Lindsay,
Whatever decisions you make are fine, it is your site. Posters have had discussions on the boards before with numerous requests for things like a GMRS/FMRS forum and a Marine forum. I may well be wrong, but, I don't think a difinitive yes/no was ever received, usually Lou makes a general statement as-to his thoughts but we're never sure that the request reaches you and makes it to an end point. Yes, I know we can PM you. Just wondering about the request can be a bit frustrating---speaking on behalf of numerous folks that have asked. Keep up the good work.

dimab

blantonl said:
bwhite, have you ever heard of the phrase "1000 miles wide, 1 inch deep"?

That's what I'm trying to avoid when developing these forums. Unfortuantely, I cannot rollout every singe forum that someone requests... or we would have 250+ forums.

I do review and consider each request for a new forum.

With that said, I like the idea of a Tropo/Skip forum, and will probably add one this weekend for those that are interested in this portion of the hobby.
Great! thanks.:D

k9swx

Feed Provider
blantonl said:
I'm glad someone's forum request made it through! :) I'm definitely looking forward to a tropo/skip forum. Thanks!!

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
bwhite said:
for things like a GMRS/FMRS forum and a Marine forum. I may well be wrong, but, I don't think a difinitive yes/no was ever received, usually Lou makes a general statement as-to his thoughts but we're never sure that the request reaches you and makes it to an end point.
Agreed on this one. Purely constructive feedback: a more definitive answer on forum requests would be helpful; otherwise we have no idea if it's "no", or "pending", or just lost in the shuffle.

I am one of the supporters of the Marine forum from a few months ago, and still hope to see it realized with the summer boating season about to come into full swing.

BTW, this Skip forum will be great, also coincident with the beginning of the warm weather.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi Lindsay and all,

Personally I think it's a bad idea, now sit back and watch the flood of superflous reception reports. The nature of tropo and sporadic E being what it is, sporadic, by the time one is read the event has passed.

This URL http://home.cogeco.ca/~dxinfo/ among others make such a forum superflous and redundant, not to mention inaccurate.

Well, if that's what you want it's OK but frankly a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.