Defiance County MARCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intellifax

Which MARCS towers are serving Defiance County? I've been down there several times, including yesterday, and cannot get even a hint of a MARCS signal from any of the closest sites. None of those listed in the DB are real close. Have checked primary and alternate freqs for the sites adjacent to Defiance. Is it possible we're missing a site? Or maybe the control freq got changed.

BTW, the site listed as Neapolis - Henry County is neither. Neapolis is in Lucas County, and the site is not in Henry County. Its actually in Fulton County at the state forest HQ on CR-D, 3 miles north of the Henry County line, and about equidistant from Neapolis, Swanton, and Delta.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Which MARCS towers are serving Defiance County?

I've been down there several times, including yesterday, and cannot get even a hint of a MARCS signal from any of the closest sites. None of those listed in the DB are real close. Have checked primary and alternate freqs for the sites adjacent to Defiance. Is it possible we're missing a site? Or maybe the control freq got changed.

EDGERTON
HOLGATE
CONTINENTAL
PAULDING

Those look like the four that would serve Defiance.

Holgate may have changed - We never got full information on that submitted by anybody. All we got was the primary CC (at the time of submission). We really need somebody to run a trunking program on the active control for Holgate and then let us know what the Site alias, Site Neighbors, primary/alternate control channels are.

But assuming there are agencies in Defiance using MARCS [I'm sure OSP is], then one would presume all four towers would see some traffic from time to time.

Between all four of the above sites, it looks like every location in Defiance Co would have access to at least one of those towers being 10-15 mi or less in distance from a particular location. Should be more than adequate to cover. You've got to be able to pick up one of those sites from within Defiance Co.

BTW, the site listed as Neapolis - Henry County is neither. Neapolis is in Lucas County, and the site is not in Henry County. Its actually in Fulton County at the state forest HQ on CR-D, 3 miles north of the Henry County line, and about equidistant from Neapolis, Swanton, and Delta.

It is listed as Neapolis because it's site Alias is broadcast as NEAPLS. Also, it is really unsure whether the site is on the First Energy (FEHLC) tower indicated on the license or hte DAS tower at the site you mention. In either case, I agree that hte actual site would be in Swanton area of Fulton Co, not Henry Co. But presumingg we leave the name as Neapolis [and I'm guessing we will, without having confirmed with other Ohio admins], then it'd be even more confusing to see a site named Neapolis with a county of Fulton.

Maybe Mark and/or Tom will chime in. I'd personally be reluctant to change geodata to indicate the DAS tower location as I'm not sure anybody on here who posts is actually "in the know" enough to know if it's ont eh DAS tower. The DAS tower was constructed in 2003. The site license for Neapolis was issued in 2005. One would presume that if they were on the DAS tower they would have used hte DAS tower coordinates at that time. Maybe the datanet stuff is on the DAS tower and the voice site is on the FEHLC tower, or vice versa.

Mike

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I remember reading a newspaper article about the MARCS TRS a few years ago. The article mentioned that a future tower site maybe constructed in the city of Defiance. The aforementioned site was contingent upon whether the city or county of Defiance switched over to the MARCS TRS or not. Apparently, the plan must have never gone any further than the drawing board.

73's

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.