DeKalb Co EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

west-pac

(I can't figure out how to link to an individual Facebook post, so hopefully the screenshot image is able to be viewed.)

As of June 1, 2021; Parkview EMS has officially taken over the EMS service in DeKalb Co, as well as dispatching EMS services in DeKalb Co. If you live in the northeast quadrant of Indiana and listen to Parkview's EMS dispatch TGs on SAFE-T you may have noticed a few new Medic units (Medic 11, Medic 12, Medic 13). These are the trucks based out of DeKalb county, and have DeKalb Co radio IDs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210604-211928_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210604-211928_Facebook.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 11

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
So PVH-EMS is still on SAFE-T up there? In most places, they are on the PVH-TRS. TG 42 on the NexEDGE for Dispatch.... Not sure if we have logged the ED/ER Patient Reporting TG on that yet. Also anyone nail down the LCN's for the other 2 freqs for the Auburn Site yet?

Daniel

Yes to confirm as of 7/2/21 Parkview Dekalb, Huntington, LaGrange and Noble EMS are still dispatched on SAFE-T. All others are on the Parkview TRS such as Parkview Whitley EMS etc.

west-pac

Yes to confirm as of 7/2/21 Parkview Dekalb, Huntington, LaGrange and Noble EMS are still dispatched on SAFE-T. All others are on the Parkview TRS such as Parkview Whitley EMS etc.

It's been like that for many, many years. Whitley county still uses a lot of VHF for their public safety. Whitley Co SD and Columbia City PD use SAFE-T, but I think they also still have VHF patches as well. Columbia City FD just got a SAFE-T TG within the past year or two. Parkview Whitley ambulances may not have 800Mhz radios. I've never heard them (or Parkview Whitley Hospital) on SAFE-T, even when responding into other counties, or doing patient transfers to PRMC. Most ambulances transporting into PRMC call them on a Hosp N Ops TG with a patient report, but not Whitley Co. I don't think Whitley Co FDs and EMS have ever used SAFE-T as their primary system.

20 years later, K-county public safety still uses VHF patches as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.