DeKalb County DTRS Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanRollman

Database Admin
This afternoon at 2:28 PM the DeKalb County DTRS went down. I went from hearing traffic with 5 bars of signal, to my KNG radios saying "Out of Range" and my SDS100 showing no signal. Thinking the system must have at least gone into Failsoft mode (my KNGs aren't set up for Failsoft) I began scanning their frequencies conventionally. Nothing! Seemed to be a total failure without Site Trunking or Failsoft working. About an hour later the system came back up, and units started spreading the word that "the radios are working again." On the PD side, dispatchers began telling supervisors about the ridiculous number of calls holding.

I know it is a long shot, but if anyone has anyone inside details about what the heck happened here, I'd love to hear about it, here or by PM.

Dan

pdhall54

Premium Subscriber
This afternoon at 2:28 PM the DeKalb County DTRS went down. I went from hearing traffic with 5 bars of signal, to my KNG radios saying "Out of Range" and my SDS100 showing no signal. Thinking the system must have at least gone into Failsoft mode (my KNGs aren't set up for Failsoft) I began scanning their frequencies conventionally. Nothing! Seemed to be a total failure without Site Trunking or Failsoft working. About an hour later the system came back up, and units started spreading the word that "the radios are working again." On the PD side, dispatchers began telling supervisors about the ridiculous number of calls holding.

I know it is a long shot, but if anyone has anyone inside details about what the heck happened here, I'd love to hear about it, here or by PM.

Dan
Just saw this, can't believe DC didn't fail over. One hour OOS is crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.