Dekalb county Georgia Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffro

I suddenly lost Dekalb county digital. Radios and Antenna check out. Does anyone know if something is up with their system?

Thanks,

cliffro

Online is Down

I don't hear anything on the RR Dekalb county georgia feed either...

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
DeKalb County

For sure, DeKalb's system has been operating as usual today so it must be a problem with the scanner/feed.

Metrofire31

cliffro

Strange that my 2 separate 996's with separate antennas stopped receiving Dekalb. And the fact that the live feed here is quiet also. Do you get the same signal strength? I wonder if they have a new control channel that I missed?

Thanks for the reply.

cliffro

Checking again this morning and I am getting a few things. Local PD's such as Decatur and Fire TAC 2. No Dekalb SO or PD dispatch and very little on other PD freqs.
I wonder if they have gone encrypted?
Anyone hearing normal PD traffic on Dekalb's system?

cliffro

Maybe. But I do get some traffic so at least a secondary control is working. Still wonder if anyone hears normal volume of PD and SO traffic? I'm thinking they might be encrypting...

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Have any banks locked out? You can also check by pressing HOLD on the control channel and you should see TGID's flashing across the screen.

cliffro

It's definately not a scanner problem. I have 3 different scanners with 3 different antennas that were working fine. Noticed this on Tuesday the 10th. I still hear smaller municipalities like Chamblee and Dunwoody and I get tactical channels like fire and PD TAC-2. What I don't hear at all is the main fire dispatch, any SO traffic or the main PD dispatch.
I do hold on the control channel and see these groups mentioned above. I feel like they might have gone encrypted on the police/sherriff channels like Gwinnett has done.

Can anyone hear any of the groups that i am missing?

Thanks

N8IAA

I'm picking up DeKalb on the 800 and the 106 in the shack. Yesterday on the 396XT mobile. No encryption.
Larry

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
DeKalb

I've had this happen before and when I went into the programming, I discovered that somehow the channel had become locked out. I didn't figure out "how" but it was definitely locked out. I've been hearing DeKalb Fire Dispatch just fine all week.

Metrofire31

cliffro

Dekalb Better

For some reason Dekalb is back. i had 2 996XT's and a 396 all stop receiving Dekalb SO and PD. Now everything is back. I have no idea unless something was interferring. Didn't make any changes so go figure.

Thanks for all the replies!

ButchGone

I drove around Dekalb this past Saturday and the system was flawless on my 396xt, one of the better P25 simulcast systems i have monitored. Adjust mode at 8, adjust level at 100 with the 396xt recent firmware update.
BG..

Status
Not open for further replies.