DeKalb County Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Checking to see if the DeKalb County Public Safety system is in service. Are the county sheriff, Sandwich PD, Sycamore PD, and county fire active on that system. I am working with someone in Lee County who is unable to receive it. Any info on that system will be appreciated. Thanks!

dan-dekalb

Those agencies have moved to P25 Phase 2, and are no longer available on analog scanners. The DeKalb County scanner feed has been upgraded to receive P25 Phase 2 and support call queuing.

ltginrage

Those agencies have moved to P25 Phase 2, and are no longer available on analog scanners. The DeKalb County scanner feed has been upgraded to receive P25 Phase 2 and support call queuing.
County Fire is still on 153.485 with the dispatcher being simulcasted to the talkgroup (24). As of now county fire dispatch will not be moving to P25 as only a few departments have P25 capabilities. DCSO and County PDs are on TG 148 (Phase 1), DeKalb PD has been attempting to simulcast to talkgroup 51 (Phase 2), Genoa PD dispatched was just moved onto the P25 system from VHF a few weeks ago and is now dispatched on TG 174 (Phase 1) with Sycamore PD between 0600 hours and 1830 hours every day. There are also the 4 encrypted channels which are TGs 84 (Jail-Phase 2), 32 (Events/Tac Phase 1), 174, and 30. TG 174 and 30 are unknown for what they are used for at this time.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Still keep an ear on the old VHF sheriff's dispatch and Genoa /Sycamore There have been days at a time where it is Simulcast from the trunked system.

ltginrage

I have 1 scanner (BCT15X) on the vhf Fire/PD channels, I can tell when they are talking on them, but it is not readable at all

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
If you are talking about the County fire dispatcher sounding overmodulated or like hard to understand.. That was corrected today. The Mic gain was turned up too high on the console. I contacted a friend who is a supervisor there and had him get ahold of the on duty supervisor and it was addressed

ltginrage

Still keep an ear on the old VHF sheriff's dispatch and Genoa /Sycamore There have been days at a time where it is Simulcast from the trunked system.
No I live along the west county line and I can get a signal off of it but its not good enough to be readable, it goes in and out

retired25

I used to be able to monitor the Dekalb system along I-90 traveling N/W toward Rockford. I have noticed a few months ago, that I am no longer able to hear any traffic. I have changed my settings that last 3 times I have traveled in that area and still no luck. Anyone know if they have changed something or added additional control channels that are not listed in the DB?

ltginrage

I used to be able to monitor the Dekalb system along I-90 traveling N/W toward Rockford. I have noticed a few months ago, that I am no longer able to hear any traffic. I have changed my settings that last 3 times I have traveled in that area and still no luck. Anyone know if they have changed something or added additional control channels that are not listed in the DB?
All the channels listed are correct. They've been having reception problems in the NE part of the county since they first built the system. Idk if they fixed it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.