Dekalb County Sheriff going Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Sure lets waste money on our own P25 trunked 800 system when Starcom works fine.. I heard it first hand that absolutely 0 input was asked for by the communications staff of the Sheriffs office. The decision was made no questions asked...

N9IIT

"20 radio systems in Indiana" - considering nearly all but the major counties (Marion, Lake, Allen) are on the state's Hoosier SAFE-T system.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Good. Hope they have a Starcom21 Talk Group like DeKalb City and the U.P's at NIU. I used to listen to all of DeKalb and Rockford when in College. Back then I had crystals for each city for my Radio Shack 4 channel hand-held. That will leave Kane Co as the only one still on Analog as the Main. Oh. For those who complain about payment? did you read the story?
"The cost of the project would be covered, in part, by tipping fees from the additional 200,000 tons of special waste allowed annually in the county landfill.
A financing plan using interfund loans had also been proposed, which would include borrowing funds from the county, the DeKalb County Forest Preserve District and the DeKalb County Public Building Commission"

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Dekalb Co - digital

That link was just citizens arguing about things most of them know nothing about unless they're the one's testing and measuring everything for the proposed system. We used to have local news-rags like that at NIU too when in college. The Townies *****ed about everything. Gooberment did what they wanted. Same will happen here.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
He has some valid points. Also the Communications staff and people who actually know the issues with the existing VHF system were never asked for any input. A salesman is selling them a system that they are going to be duplicating of Starcom that already works well in the County.

Status
Not open for further replies.