Not open for further replies.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
I just checked the feed and dunwoody is still open. But nothing for Dekalb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanRollman

Database Admin
In the last minute or two I have heard all clear voice traffic on DCPD North Central, DCPD East, School Police, DCFD Dispatch, and DCFD Operations. What specifically are you not hearing anymore?

Dan

DanRollman

Database Admin
I just checked the feed and dunwoody is still open. But nothing for Dekalb

What do you mean by "nothing for DeKalb"? Just that there isn't a volunteer feed provider streaming DeKalb? That's true, but that isn't because they are encrypted. DeKalb hasn't had a stream for a long time.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Well alright. I was just stating the information. sorry I’m not as knowledgeable as you. I ask William most of the time. Because I do have family in Atlanta.

Dustin
Portsmouth, VA

DanRollman

Database Admin
Well alright. I was just stating the information. sorry I’m not as knowledgeable as you. I ask William most of the time. Because I do have family in Atlanta.

Dustin
Portsmouth, VA

Will, I wasn't trying to be critical. I was just confirming whether you were simply noting that there is no stream in DeKalb, or whether you were in the area and actually were hearing "nothing for DeKalb" (suggesting some encryption). Thanks for clarifying, and sorry for any confusion.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
This is Dustin not Will..he’s just my information source maybe right or wrong at times but he knows most of the time.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
He has no control over this name I just relay information for him as I stated many times this is not him. But think what you want to think.

DanRollman

Database Admin
If they did encrypt you would still hear the garbled radio transmissions would you not?
Depends on the particular radio and, in some cases, how it is programmed. Some radios can be set to mute and/or skip encrypted transmissions. Others not.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

DanRollman

Database Admin
Simple answer you were seeking: NO.
I'm sure that was the answer he was seeking. Of course, longer answer is that encryption is gradually increasing on the DeKalb system, although it is still pretty minimal. By way of example, I've noticed that Doraville PD's TAC channel is almost always encrypted recently. So officers can be heard on their main channel in the clear told to go to TAC, where they are lost (to us) to encryption. This didn't used to be the case. Previously only talkgroups like DeKalb PD SWAT saw encryption, and even that was (and still is) only sometimes.

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the help. The SDS 100 is supposed to show the "ENC" logo when muting encrypted signals, but I have found that most of the time it does not. Systems like Henry and Gwinnett show nothing, but I can verify the signal with an analog receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.