Delaware Co. on pro 96 pls Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bent24

Im trying to help my mom get her scanner working again. It worked ok until a couple weeks ago and now we only hear dispatch occasionally. She only wants the EMS, Police, fire and dispatch. I programmed it from here for her a few years back so im not great at it but ive read we recently switched to something called P25? Im using the arc96 software. Can someone help me out on a step by step way to get her scanner back up and working? Ive tried it once and still cant hear the things shes wanting.

Help would be appreciated

W9THR

Member- long time listener, first time caller
Premium Subscriber
I might be wrong, but will the pro-96 do P25 ?????? i didnt think it did ???

Steve

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Pro 96

It does do P25. Mine did the same thing a couple of years ago, and it appears to be a firmware problem but will not reinstall the latest firmware. It does conventional 800 Mhz and analog still. I finally gave up and added a tap to use with my SDR.

Bent24

Jaspence, her scanner worked ok until as few weeks ago. Any ideas on what I should try?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
If programmed correctly the 96 and 2096 work fine on P-25 Phase I, VHF, UHF, 800, 900 MHz systems. They will not do Phase II, 380, or 700 MHz TRS.

Results do vary slightly depending on the CPU, and DSP you have. CPU 1.3, or 1.4 work best, though the original thru 1.2 work ok as long as your not on an simulcast. DSP version 1.4 is the best though there have been a couple of folks who have better action on 1.3

All that siad, make sure your 96 is not dying on 800, and if so, make the small internal adjustments and have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.