Delaware County 800MHz digital system online today (6-8-06)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CVPI4Ever

Its official! The Delaware County 800MHz digital system goes online today, Thursday 6-8-06. It wasnt supposed to be online for a little while longer but they moved it back. All Police, Fire, EMS in Delaware County will now operate on the 800MHz system. They will be using Motorola Astro XTS5000 digital portable radios (at $3500 each) to my knowledge, at least where I work at we will. I do not know about mobiles.

They didnt mention frequencies but those who are more scanner friendly then I am will figure it out in short order. I have the talkgroups display and their function and thats about the extent of it.

Also, the new addition to the Delaware County Jail will be populated as of Monday, 6-12-06. Inmates being housed at Morrow County Jail will be brought back to the Delaware County Jail. There is part of the new addition that is still under construction but the completed part will be populated.

I am really excited about this. I am sure all new findings my RR members will be posted on the RR Database.

Last edited:

jkm

Yes, it's most definitely active this morning! I heard the first activity just a few minutes ago (8:30 AM). It sounds like they're testing out some of the systems (fire paging in particular) to make sure that it's working properly. Lots of activity involving moving over to the new system so far this morning. The P25 audio is a little broken up here still (I might need to make some adjustments on my end). Here are some of the talkgroups I've heard so far and what they seem to be (I'm sure someone on here will know more about these talkgroups):

10002 -
10003 -
10008 -
10010 -
10011 - Lots of activity here, including role calls once an hour. Seems like it might be a jail perhaps, but I thought they were all on MARCS? Someone just requested a "bunk mat". Lots of echo in background, like their voices are reflecting off of concrete :)
10018 - Delaware City Police Dispatch
10023 -
10027 -
10039 -
10044 -
10045 -
10057 - Delaware City Fire/EMS Dispatch (heard dispatcher announce City Dispatch, and call Medic 302 and several Engine xxx, also tested paging tones)
10059 - Another Fire Dispatch (Medic 301 called Fire Dispatch)
10060 - Delaware City Fire/EMS- Tac 2 (dispatch on 10057 asked Medic to come over to Tac 2)
10066 -
10070 -
10080 - Thought I heard a mention of Genoa Twp.
10082 - EMS to Hospital
10083 -
10107 - Sounds like radio techs setting up the system, lots of activity here this morning
10224 -
10225 -

More to follow...

Justin/W1IX

Last edited:

FPO703

Does anyone have a scanner capable of being able to obtain the SysID and the WACN for this new system?

jkm

I don't know if this is what you are referring to, or something else, but the System ID that I get appearing on my 396 when I let it sit on the control channel is 017C with a site ID of 0101. I'm not sure if my scanner would show a WACN, so I can't help there :(

Justin/W1IX

Last edited:

CVPI4Ever

KCChiefs9690 said:
So are the VHF freqs now out of service?
The VHF freqs are still being used...for now.

Would the talkgroups display and their function be of any use to anyone?

jkm

CVPI4Ever said:
The VHF freqs are still being used...for now.

Would the talkgroups display and their function be of any use to anyone?

Sure would! Any info would be great to get.

Thanks!

Justin/W1IX

CVPI4Ever

TALK GROUP USES

SO DISP 1
Primary Dispatch channel for Delaware County Sheriffs Office

COPD DISP
Dispatch channel for Ashley PD, Genoa PD, Ostrander PD, Shawnee Hills PD, Sunbury PD

SO DISP 2
Back-up talk group for all City/County law enforcement dispatching

SO-Fire N
Used by EMS, Fire and Law Enforcement on joint operations. This channel is the same as the SO/FD N channel in the Fire template

SO-Fire S
Same as SO-Fire N. This is to be used primarily in the Southerrn half of Delaware County

DTU
Used by the Delaware Tactical Unit (DTU)

Drug Task
Used by the Drug Task Force

SO Admin
Used by the Sheriffs Office Administrative Staff

SO DET
Used by the Sheriffs Office Detectives as directed

Jail
Used by the Jail Staff

Court
Used by the Court Deputies working with contracted Private Security at the courthouse

State Band
Can be used to communicate with surrounding agencies on the high band state channel.

LEERN
Can be used to communicate with surrounding agencies on the high band LEERN channel.

Cnty Tac 1
An operational channel that can be used for extreme circumstances or extended operations

Cnty Tac 2
Same use as Cnty Tac 1

Law Mutual
Inter-operability talk group. All Law Enforcement agencies can meet on this talk group

City DISP
City of Delaware Police Department Dispatch talk group.

Powell DISP
Used by the 9-1-1 Center to dispatch City of Powell Police Officers

Powell Det
Used by City of Powell Detectives

All of the Village and township law enforcement agencies have a talk group assigned to them and will be used for extended or special operations.

SpOps 1 through 9
Special operations and not for everyday operations.

Events 1 through 4
Prolonged events (example: County Fair).

Hope this helps! Someone may want to submit these to the database oncethey find out the talk group numbers

Last edited:

CVPI4Ever

I dont know if this matters but:

The Law template consists of 8 zones and can hold up to 16 talk groups per zone. Here is a list of the zones and the system it belongs to:

Zone 1 - Delaware County
Zone 2 - Delaware County
Zone 3 - Delaware County
Zone 4 - Franklin County
Zone 5 - Columbus PD
Zone 6 - City of Dublin
Zone 7 - MARCS
Zone 8 - Conventional Mutual Aid Channels (I-CALL, ITAC)

Again, when someone finds out the talk group numbers they can post these to the database.

jkm

Here are some additional talkgroups I've heard active today:

10002 - Called another unit "on B1" or "D1", sounded like police
10004 -
10006 -
10007 -
10012 -
10014 -
10015 -
10016 -
10017 -
10019 -
10023 - Delaware City Police Admin (heard a radio tech testing and announced the talkgroup during his testing)
10024 -
10027 - Sounds like a police tactical channel, looking for someone around Tussic Rd and Medallion Dr. W, is this DelCo SO or Genoa Twp PD?
10028 -
10031 -
10043 -
10058 -
10079 -
10082 - Grady Memorial Hospital ER
10087 -
10088 -
10223 -

Justin/W1IX

Last edited:

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
jkm said:
Here are some additional talkgroups I've heard active today:

10027 - Sounds like a police tactical channel, looking for someone around Tussic Rd and Medallion Dr. W, is this DelCo SO or Genoa Twp PD?
10028 -
10058 -

Justin/W1IX
It sounds like it would be Genoa Township judging by the intersection.

FPO703

I should have some additional alpha tags in the near future. We just need to verify what Alpha Tags go with what talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.