Delaware County, PA lots of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DELCO Paging Info

Any of you know anything about the Alpha paging Delco uses? What I'm looking for is who (if anyone) does not use it or participate in it?

DELCom uses 1200 baud POCSAG for digital paging- By using a free program PDW 3.1 the audio output of a scanner and the soundcard input of a PC, POCSAG may be monitored ( connection to the FM receiver's discriminator is preferred).. Remember to know the laws and regulations about receiving PD/FD communications before proceeding. And do not interfere with or get involved with any activities.

Some companies are using Motorola Advisor II digital pagers to alert members of active calls.

phillydjdan

I'm well aware, but thanks for the heads up. Its only for my personal use and Ive been in the scanner game long enough to know not to poke my head where it doesn't belong lol. And fire police are good at reminding me if I were to forget lol

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Tapatalk

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
don't make me have to yell at you on a scene i am one of those fire police haha.

I'm well aware, but thanks for the heads up. Its only for my personal use and Ive been in the scanner game long enough to know not to poke my head where it doesn't belong lol. And fire police are good at reminding me if I were to forget lol

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Tapatalk

phillydjdan

LOL you just might! For what it's worth, I am a certified firefighter and have press credentials, so while I always try to get a better shot than the other guys, I also know where "too close" is. Since I am moving down there, we just might meet. I'll be the guy with the XTS portable and more than likely one of many PFD shirts on lol

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
LOL you just might! For what it's worth, I am a certified firefighter and have press credentials, so while I always try to get a better shot than the other guys, I also know where "too close" is. Since I am moving down there, we just might meet. I'll be the guy with the XTS portable and more than likely one of many PFD shirts on lol

I'm an ex fire fighter for DELCO company 22, driver pump operator as well as fire police. Odd thing is I have really no interest in listening to fire bands, I only monitor the PD.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
seriously if you act professional and do not act like an ***. i'll most likely tell you to park your car on the corner and come behind the tape but don't get in the way i am cool like that.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Delaware Co Stuff

HI all
I got a couple of questions to my fellow Delco listeners..
Did the springfield mall really go over to mototrbo and how about granite run mall security freq ?
I know they are listed but has anyone checked lately and verified ?
thanks much
newbe in clifton hgts
tom g

phillydjdan

Been a while since this thread has been visited. Just wanted to throw out a new frequency I discovered. The Ridley Park Borough Police have a private channel on 452.4375 with a DPL of 115. Quite the interesting conversations on that one!

phillydjdan

I'm digging up an old topic for an odd question. In listening to Delco Fireboard the last few months, I'm wondering what some of the background sounds are I'm hearing. One sounds like radar blips, the other like a Klaxon buzzer. Can anyone shed some light on what I'm hearing?

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I don't listen to Delco daily but listen regularly enough online. I guess I never even picked up on these background sounds until they've been mentioned. Now I'm sure that's all I'll hear. Crap! :p

CommJunkie

The sonar beeps are pending calls, and the buzzer is usually a timer that tells when a unit has been on a status for a certain period of time.

mlmummert

It's interesting how each dispatch center has their own sound. When Lancaster County comes across 33.90, you know it's them without looking at the channel. Chester County is quite unique, etc, etc.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Agreed on the centers having their own sounds. It's amazing how each can be picked out without even looking at the portable or scanner.

Does Chester still transmit the double beeps on key up & unkey of the radio? I loved hearing that. Unfortunately the feed on here only has the ops channels and not the dispatch channel so I only get to hear it when I'm down in that area.

mlmummert

Agreed on the centers having their own sounds. It's amazing how each can be picked out without even looking at the portable or scanner.

Does Chester still transmit the double beeps on key up & unkey of the radio? I loved hearing that. Unfortunately the feed on here only has the ops channels and not the dispatch channel so I only get to hear it when I'm down in that area.

Yes they do still transmit those beeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.