Delaware County PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason4525

Premium Subscriber
Sorry if this has been talked about

With so many County's upgrading does Delco have any thing in the works as for a upgrade or they just tight on money/happy on the system

My current scanner is BC125AT I want to upgrade to the new BCD436HP but thinking it may be complete overkill for Delco area since it's still mostly analog

Septa3371CSX1

With so many County's upgrading does Delco have any thing in the works as for a upgrade or they just tight on money/happy on the system

My current scanner is BC125AT I want to upgrade to the new BCD436HP but thinking it may be complete overkill for Delco area since it's still mostly analog

They reverted back to wide band from narrow band after they were able to do so with the exception made for T Band users. When they did this they stated they would start working on a 700 mhz system (which is where they would be forced to move if they are kicked off T Band). Since this is Delco we're talking about I wouldn't expect any major changes for a few years to come.

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19)

Hopefully they dont fall victim to the trunk system propaganda. I know they would have to use digital voice in that band, but could do so on conventional repeaters like they do now.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
unless you want to listen to philly too that is defintley overkill for delco haha.

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19)

Cab, keep in mind that they WILL have to eventually move off of the 500 frequencies. If they choose to move up to 700, then they would be mandated to use digital voice (unless I read the mandate wrong. They could also go to 800, where I believe you will still be able to use analog voice. Just some food for thought.

Cab, keep in mind that they WILL have to eventually move off of the 500 frequencies. If they choose to move up to 700, then they would be mandated to use digital voice (unless I read the mandate wrong. They could also go to 800, where I believe you will still be able to use analog voice. Just some food for thought.
Yes, all but a few 700 "analog eligible" channels are required to be implemented in digital. Digital in the general pool of assignments can be anything that meets spectral efficiency and does not necessarily have to be P25. However, the interoperability channels must use P25.

Thing about 800 is that the top tier manufacturers are only selling digital systems for their new systems and are attempting to sunset the analog systems.

As for conventional vs. trunking, check the Region 28 plan. Sure, they may be able to use conventional, but the region will likely REQUIRE use in trunked configuration, as it's a resource multiplier. I doubt there are "that many" frequencies they are allotted in the plan compared to what they have on Channels 19 or 20 (500/506), so trunking will have to be the way to go.

CommJunkie

Delco can barely keep their current system configured, I can't imagine the headaches we're going to have when they do finally switch.

phillydjdan

Delco can barely keep their current system configured, I can't imagine the headaches we're going to have when they do finally switch.

LOL I feel ya, buddy. Luckily they have quite a few years before any of this happens...

captaincab

nothing prevents them from going back to in age to vhf and low band haha. but yea very true about going part digital however a lot of volunteer fire companies in delco can not afford the cost of the 700mhz digital portables. or mobiles you look at some of the larger departments with 4 or 5 appratus and 6 portables per truck thats 30 radios or so right there.

captaincab

part of the big problem with the current system is certain people at the 911 center have no real clue what they are doing or how to use the system they have. for instance they have a simplex channel for fire police that is not monitored by the county or recorded which is fine except the county is now responsibile for anything that happens to a fire police officer if he is hurt on a fire ground and unable to summon help on the channel they provide to us because they refuse to add the channel to a repeater and monitor it in the radio room.

phillydjdan

Fire police have been the black sheep of every county I've ever monitored, get used to it. The problem is the majority of fire police "officials" can't even speak properly (through no fault of their own, and I'm not knocking it) therefore the dispatchers don't have the time or patience to deal with them. They have enough problems with the regular firefighters. I know I sound like a dick, but it's the truth. The best way to deal with that is band together and get a unified repeater setup. Bucks County Fire Police Association did this, and all fire police within the county can use their channel.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
database update

For the second time in a few weeks DELCO is showing an update on the state database map but when I look through the county page I don't see anything highlighted in green or yellow, anyone know what these recent updates were?

phillydjdan

That is the result of 2 different database admins who each like the database sections sorted or titled a certain way. Its VERY annoying, and induces a string of curse words when I see that that is the change that was made.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber

That is the result of 2 different database admins who each like the database sections sorted or titled a certain way. Its VERY annoying, and induces a string of curse words when I see that that is the change that was made.

So nothing has been updated other than a title or a sort order?, No new frequencies or anything of that nature? Ummm okay, thanks.

phillydjdan

Check the business and ham sectiuns just to be sure. If you dont see any changes on those pages, then yeah, thats all it was...

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber

Check the business and ham sectiuns just to be sure. If you dont see any changes on those pages, then yeah, thats all it was...

Ok thanks again, I only look for PD and FD stuff, the yellow green thing makes it nice and simple, haven't run into the this before, where the overall PA map says there was an update in DELCO but nothing showed in the DELCO specific page.

ETA, there was an update in the business section.

phillydjdan

From the Change Log:

Change History

Changed Admin Date Changed
Agency: (Businesses) was updated Audiodave1 2013-12-29 23:55:07
Agency: (Businesses) was updated Audiodave1 2013-12-29 23:55:06

phillydjdan

Looks like 2 channels for Harrah's were changed from DMR to FM. I noticed they had been changed from FM to DMR about a week ago. I guess the information turned out to be no good, so they changed it back.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Yea, thanks. I didn't see the business updates unless I opened the specific link, honestly never looked there before, first time I saw the map green but nothing immediately noticeably green inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.