Delaware encryption

de784

Feed Provider
Just had two rides in the Cape May-Lewes Ferry. Went over last Wed and came back today apparently the DRBA has gone encrypted. Even the parking lot and admin, nothing heard.
Heard them last night in the clear

shajen

Just had two rides in the Cape May-Lewes Ferry. Went over last Wed and came back today apparently the DRBA has gone encrypted. Even the parking lot and admin, nothing heard.
No encryption at the Delaware Memorial Bridge DRBA. I was listening to conversation last night and this morning.

Roach112683

DRBA ENF is the police and they are sometimes Encrypted but it's usually dispatch. The past few days they have been in the clear. But if you want the police then it's S-DRBA ENF S-DRBA is Sussex Operations (maybe the Ferry?)

Roach112683

Maybe they only turn on E when forty-six is in-state.
If that was true then so would Cape Henlopen and they don't. I was listening the last time he came and I heard them clearing the park and getting ready for arrival. I heard them talking about a specific arrival time but it turned out he was an hour late anyway. But the entire time they were in the clear on the S-CAPE HEN channel.

bs369

Evidently I had something turned off when I reported DRBA Encrypted. In Lewes today and the DRBA L/C. Both PD and Ferries. Sorry for the false alarm.

de784

Feed Provider
Evidently I had something turned off when I reported DRBA Encrypted. In Lewes today and the DRBA L/C. Both PD and Ferries. Sorry for the false alarm.
Ha don't scare us like that lol.

Reactions: hey

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
Kentcom continues to be encrypted tonight on DNREC Law Dispatch. I'll be curious to see if they show back up in the clear :unsure:

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
It seems to happen sporadicly so I wonder if it's at the discretion of the dispatcher to encrypt their console. At least it's very rare for F&W and Park Officer units to flip the switch.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Either the console or the subscriber can enable encryption for their transmissions. Either can decode those messages even when answering in the clear. Sometimes dispatchers or field units "forget" to disable encryption when not needed.

PCPA

If I were designing the system the default would be "in the clear" with a Dispatcher enabled encryption.

Back in the day....early 1980's...we had a four by four 16 possiblity Privacom grid changed every shift. Positions A through D and 1 through 4.

"All units, Scrambler and acknowledge" followed by a message about pizza at a fire station...never anything law enforcement sensitive;.

Roach112683

Either the console or the subscriber can enable encryption for their transmissions. Either can decode those messages even when answering in the clear. Sometimes dispatchers or field units "forget" to disable encryption when not needed.
Yeah I know how they work. My portable is always encrypted along with our dispatch but some units never turned theirs on.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone noticed that Newark PD seems to be operating encrypted on OPS (19248)? I'm not picking up an traffic on Dispatch for the past few days :unsure: