Delay Time with Pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublime40

Can you adjust the delay time with the pro96? i cant find it in the manual or in win96. i also tried to search for it here, i cant find anything.

thanks for the help

sublime40

on the channels page, that adjustment is for trunking talkgroups only.

in the manual, on page 66, it says nothing about changing the delay time. its either on or off on the 96 i guess. 2 seconds isnt hardly enough....

jeffrey420

According to the specs page the only options are 2 seconds or none for conventional.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I have a PRO-92 which has Delay options of 2 seconds or OFF. I find that the longest delay I REALLY get is no more than 1 second. Trunking channels have no measurable delay; AM (aircraft) have a very short delay. From my point of view this is a HUGE S/W BUG!!!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
gmclam said:
I have a PRO-92 which has Delay options of 2 seconds or OFF. I find that the longest delay I REALLY get is no more than 1 second. Trunking channels have no measurable delay; AM (aircraft) have a very short delay. From my point of view this is a HUGE S/W BUG!!!
Actually the delay time in a Pro-92 is adjustable, get the Win92 freeware from Starrsoft.com.

VintageJon

I just press "PAUSE" when I want to stay with something. When I decide it's not worth the time, press "PAUSE" or "Scan" and it moves on ...

Highly suggest you put talk groups in a couple of banks, depending on how many you want, and set those banks to "LOCKED". Leave on bank "OPEN". Use others for other applications like Air, Amatuer,Other Cities, whatever.
Here I have two APCO25 banks with ID's I want for Travis County , one Air bank, one Williamson County Bank, One Owls and Martins Bank for my bird tracking interests, One OPEN APCO 25 for Travis/Williamson/Hays Countys, one for LCRA EDACS, and one for San Anotonio, Williamson County Public Service .

Email me at muse@texas.net and I can send WIN96 folder- assuming you are in Austin Tx as it will be little use otherwise.

I agree that an infinitely varible delay would be good. The longest longest lamp-on setting I can get even with Win96 is too short. (8188 seconds...)

It is "digital" but buttons still need continous pressing ...

-Jon

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
VintageJon said:
... The longest longest lamp-on setting I can get even with Win96 is too short. (8188 seconds...)
Jon,
Just press the light button until the scanner beeps (about 2 seconds) and the light stays on forever (or until you turn the scanner or light off).

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
After reading lots of stuff here, it seems to me there might be many "hidden commands" for Radio Shack scanners - things we're not told about in the user's manuals. I've always wanted to be able to turn the display light ON for example or set delay times. Does anyone have a list of such commands (from the keypad)?
THANKS,
George

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
gmclam said:
After reading lots of stuff here, it seems to me there might be many "hidden commands" for Radio Shack scanners - things we're not told about in the user's manuals. I've always wanted to be able to turn the display light ON for example or set delay times. Does anyone have a list of such commands (from the keypad)?
THANKS,
George
Well most of the Owner's Manuals for the GRE radios I own have a list of keypad functions in the back, and although they are not all encompassing, they do tell you most of the things. The bit about the light on the Pro-96 is explained in detail starting on page 72 of the OM and about the middle of page 73 it tells you how to turn in on as I described above.

VintageJon

Loumaag,
THANKS! I've done that and am trying it now. It beeps , lights out ,then lights on...
Lights On! Runs like a hose!

Great info, Sir!

Best,
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.