Deleting a thread that is solved:

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnor1

Hello and hope I am posting this message in the right place, if not I am so sorry. I have a THREAD that has been solved and wonder if there is any way I can delete it? OK thank you for any help. Bye from Don.

hfxChris

Database Admin
No, you would need an administrator to delete it.

But why would you want it deleted anyway? Somebody else may have the same problem some day, why wouldn't you want them to be able to gain knowledge from your problem and solution?

donnor1

Just new:

Hello and thank you so much for the reply. I am new to forums and I never thought about other members maybe having the same problem. I just thought it would take up space but I see I was wrong. OK again thank you so much and I will just leave it as is. Bye from Don.

RadioDaze

Most of what I've learned in the world of computing, radio, etc. has been gleaned from reading new and old threads in which the original poster has long had his problem solved.

Don, thank you for having the courage to ask for help in a public forum, where the answers remain for posterity and others may continue to learn from it. No problem is so unique that you are the only one who has it. If it really is ONLY your problem, then all the more reason we'd REALLY love to hear about it :)

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
As a rule, we do not delete posts or threads just because they "take up space". There must be a violation of the site rules, terms and conditions, or law for content to be removed. There are other situations where removal / deletion may be possible, but those are handled on a case by case basis.

The removal is usually at the discretion of the moderator reviewing the information.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
My best advice is to report the post (see how in my signature link) and request it be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.