Deleting ALL The Recorded Audio At Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Before I ask, Yes I know you can via PC/software...

Scenario: Left the SDS200 running for a month and recorded the whole month audio. Numerous folders with the audio files. And are unable to access a PC to do "mass storage" or software. And you need to delete a full months worth of audio, from the SDS200.

I want to know if it is possible to delete ALL the recorded audio at once, IN the SDS200 scanner, without using the software or PC.

There a way you can delete all the files at once? Not delete each folder individually, but all the folders with a click of a button
I guess the basic question would be, is there a delete all file setting or button? (for audio)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Turn on recording. Turn off recording. Say no when asked if you want to save all x files.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Does anyone know if we can request this feature in a future firmware update to Uniden?

I know since Upman passed away (May he RIP) that things have slowed down a lot with Uniden (or seems like it anyways)

There any way possible to request this feature to Uniden? (Link, forum post, etc...)

Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond, much appreciated.

Ubbe

Turn on recording. Turn off recording. Say no when asked if you want to save all x files.
It only applies to the current active folder of max 100 recordings. All other folders are already saved and stored.

Whenever a logical and useful function are missing it often are due to patent issues that somebody else holds, perhaps Whistler.

/Ubbe

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
You can contact Uniden support directly with your request by using the “Start Conversation” button at this link:

https://forums.radioreference.com/members/unidensupport.1187087/

Thank you. I sent message over with the request. Mine will probably be the only request for this feature and it will probably fall on deaf ears, lol. But least I put in a request for this feature. Maybe if many of us contact them asking for this feature, they might take notice?

Ubbe

.... it will probably fall on deaf ears.....
Probably. Uniden will look at it and try to estimate how many users would actually use the function to make it worthwhile spending resources and coding time on it. Management will look at it to see how much profit it would give them. They are not doing goodwill work and needs to make a profit from everthing they do. If approved they have to make a request to the software department in Japan.

Normally you would listen through a folder of 100 recordings and when that is done you get a menu with different options where you can delete that folder. Then you listen to another folder and when that's done you can delete that folder. Why would anyone want to delete folders that they haven't listened to? If recording where started by mistake then that is a one time event and shouldn't happen very often and the delete all folders option wouldn't be used much by the average user.

What I would like to see are that while listening to a recording you can hit Enter and have a menu selection with Protect that would make it unerasable or moved to a Stored folder, and another selection with Copy frequency to Quick Frequency Save memory and it would stay in Quick Frequency mode to allow edit and when exit it should go back to listening to the recorded files.

Another function could be that the time stamp of a recording are shown at the top of the display instead of the current time.

Each added feature and option makes it take longer and more complicated to do bug testing with every change of the software. Would management think it could sell more scanners based on if these features where added? Probably not. Would it give them a reputation in the RR forum of listening to their users that would generate a higher probablility to buy Uniden scanners? Certainly, at least to RR members. Are there a strong force with authority of the Upman kind that could persuade management it would help future sales and would even use his own spare time to make this happen? Probably not.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.