BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Deleting favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

duke94

Hi, first post since getting a 436HP. You guys help me figure out my 996XT hoping you can do the same again.
I've been fiddling with this thing and have a bunch of Favorites I want to delete (got them hopelessly screw up). How do I delete a Favorite?

Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi, first post since getting a 436HP. You guys help me figure out my 996XT hoping you can do the same again.
I've been fiddling with this thing and have a bunch of Favorites I want to delete (got them hopelessly screw up). How do I delete a Favorite?

Thanks

Assuming you are working in Sentinel......

In the left pane of Sentinel, right-click on the favorites list name you wish to delete, and choose "remove from favorites list".

rwier

No, not using Sentinel yet.

Not using Sentinel??? It's free and available to anyone, NO PURCHASE REQUIRED!
I created FLs with Sentinel that I still use today while my first HP-1 was shipping!

Install Sentinel
Open Sentinel
Read from scanner
Highlight unwanted FL
Click on Red X
Answer Yes
Unwanted FL gone!
Write to scanner.

Last edited:

duke94

Not using Sentinel??? It's free and available to anyone, NO PURCHASE REQUIRED!
I created FLs with Sentinel that I still use today while my first HP-1 was shipping!

Install Sentinel
Open Sentinel
Read from scanner
Highlight unwanted FL
Click on Red X
Answer Yes
Unwanted FL gone!
Write to scanner.

I have it loaded, but haven't mastered read/write to the scanner. I'll give it a shot, how bad can I screw it up!

greggk

Premium Subscriber
The very worst you could do would be to screw up an SD card; even that is difficult to do. Greg

rwier

I have it loaded, but haven't mastered read/write to the scanner. I'll give it a shot, how bad can I screw it up!

I apologize. I left out the computer/scanner connection steps.

I start with the scanner off and plugged into USB power.

Turn the scanner on (hear a short beep).
Hover finger over the On/Off/Light button.
At about 6-10 seconds hear a set of short beeps
Tap the On/Off/Light Button (turns on the screen light).
When you see the option/question, tap the E/Yes button.
Only when you see "USB Mass Storage" in the scanner screen, is the scanner ready to "write to" or "read from" the computer.

duke94

Thanks rwier, I need step-by-step instructions, makes it much easier for me to understand.
So after I create my favorites list using Sentinel, do I just hit the "write to scanner" tab?

Thanks

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yes assuming your scanner is still connected to your computer.

You'll see a pop-up window with a couple of options. One is to Erase existing Favorites List in scanner, the other to Force write Full database. I Erase Favorites Lists every time to give me a "clean slate" on my scanner of just those FLs I want there. It also keeps from having duplicate Favorites Lists in scanner.

I'll only Force Write Full database after I've done an update to the database, which may be once a month and always before any trip I take.

Check the applicable boxes and press OK. That's all you need.

rwier

Thanks rwier, I need step-by-step instructions, makes it much easier for me to understand.
So after I create my favorites list using Sentinel, do I just hit the "write to scanner" tab?

Thanks

When you see "USB Mass Storage" in the scanner screen, the scanner ready to receive the "write" from the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.