Deleting iSCAN Playlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

galvtsi

I have tried to find out how to delete the entire contents of a play list. I can delete individual objects, but what if I have a playlist that contains say ... 1000 entries. How do I delete the bulk instead of each one, one at a time? I think I need to plug the SD into a big computer, but how do I know which file to delete? Thanx

galvtsi

PRO-107, iScan

Yes, this question is about the iScan. Sorry that I forgot to mention that. This might not be the correct place to post my question. Thanx

scannerfreak

Database Admin
No problem, I moved it to the Radio Shack Forum, which is the correct Forum :) I also updated the title..

DonS

I have tried to find out how to delete the entire contents of a play list. I can delete individual objects, but what if I have a playlist that contains say ... 1000 entries. How do I delete the bulk instead of each one, one at a time? I think I need to plug the SD into a big computer, but how do I know which file to delete? Thanx

In order to delete more than one object at a time, you must use the included PC software. Put the SD card into a card reader attached to the PC, run the PC software, and select the "Copy Configuration from SD Card" item on the "SD Card" menu. (You'll be prompted to select the "removable disk" that corresponds to the SD Card). You should now see the data programmed on the SD Card.

EDIT: at this point, the data on the SD Card has not been changed; it has been copied to the PC. After performing any edits described below, you'll need to copy the data back to the SD Card via the "SD Card" menu. The PC software only manipulates its local copy of the data, which should be in \My Documents\iScan.

Deleting all objects in a playlist is done on the "Playlists" tab at the bottom of the window. You first select the target playlist via the drop-down at the top, then select some/all of the objects by clicking on the row headers (the 4-digit numbers under "POS"). Normal Windows "multi-select" options work: CTRL+leftClick, SHIFT+leftClick, CTRL-A.

Do you want to actually delete the objects, or do you want to merely remove them from a playlist (in case they're in more than one)? If the former, click the Delete Channel button. If the latter, click the Remove Channel button.

Note that if you use the "remove" option and the objects are only in one playlist, the objects will still exist - you just won't ever be able to see them on the scanner; you'll have to return to the PC software to put them in at least one playlist.

If the objects you want to delete are talkgroups, and you want to delete the entire trunked system, you can (and probably should) do that via the "Trunked Radio Systems" tab, which will be available if you set the "Simple Display" item on the "General Settings" tab to OFF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.