• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Deleting post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLTX11

After reading the "double post" thread, just wondering why the user that posted a message is not allowed to delete there post if desired?
I know this is its own kind and ran different then others but ones I know of have the option.

Thanks

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
An Explanation

This question comes up from time to time, but usually from new members; however, I will be glad to explain.

Deleting of your own post used to be allowed as was unlimited editing of your own post; due to abuses neither is allowed now.

You may not delete your own post, you may edit your post for a limited amount of time after you initially put it up. The editing rule does not apply to the classified sections; editing there is not allowed.

This policy is in place so that history and reality cannot be changed. If you follow the guidelines Lindsay laid out in Etiquette and the Forums and utilize the "Preview Post" button before submitting your post you should be fine.

CLTX11

Thanks, that explains it. My fault for not reading the Etiquette, I was looking for it the other day after "testing" my pics and coulndt find it.

Again, thanks Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.