Deleting recordings on BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to delete bulk recordings vs one at a time. I have accumulated 100+ and I don't want to believe I have to delete them one at a time.
If you connect the scanner to your PC, and choose 'Mass Storage Mode' at the prompt (that's the same mode used for programming), you can use Windows Explorer and "open" the card in it, then delete the files there, folder by folder, or select multiple folders and delete them.

It would be quicker to put the card in a reader, instead of using mass storage mode. But the card holder in the 436HP can be a pain to deal with.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
If you don't have an SD card reader, or if you do and prefer to use the Com Port you can get this for under $10.

Your SD card slides in, place it in a USB port, and under user rec file on the x36hp folder that opens up, copy all and delete.

I usually have a few SD cards around and Write to Scanner to blank SD card shut off scanner, unload that one, place new one in scanner, and delete the recordings on the other one.

microwave67

If you connect the scanner to your PC, and choose 'Mass Storage Mode' at the prompt (that's the same mode used for programming), you can use Windows Explorer and "open" the card in it, then delete the files there, folder by folder, or select multiple folders and delete them.

It would be quicker to put the card in a reader, instead of using mass storage mode. But the card holder in the 436HP can be a pain to deal with.
Thanks much for the reply. I actually did the unforgivable and asked the question before I looked to see if it had been asked before. It makes sense and as I had not bothered to look at explorer when I had the radio connected to the PC, I'm feeling a bit sheepish now! LOL Again thanks. Now I'm anxious to see what type of audio file it is. I've not see anyway of permanently saving any of the files external to the scanner. Now it seems that this is how I can "share" any intresting transmissions.

microwave67

Your SD card slides in, place it in a USB port, and under user rec file on the x36hp folder that opens up, copy all and delete.

I usually have a few SD cards around and Write to Scanner to blank SD card shut off scanner, unload that one, place new one in scanner, and delete the recordings on the other one.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I do have a few around for my drone videos but as has been said, I prefer not to mess too much with the flimsy way the sd card is held. I foresee too much of a possibility for damage. Thanks.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

Thanks, I do have a few around for my drone videos but as has been said, I prefer not to mess too much with the flimsy way the sd card is held. I foresee too much of a possibility for damage. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

Suggestion if you haven't tried it , use a pencil eraser to slide the lock into place.

Status
Not open for further replies.