• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Deleting software from Motorola HT 1250

Status
Not open for further replies.

friendlybob

Can anyone assist me in telling me how to delete the existing programming on an HT 1250. I have the software, but I'm having difficulties. There has to be an easier way!!

mancow

Database Admin
There is no way to do a ham radio style factory reset. You will have to read the radio then go in and delete as much as possible and write back to it.

RKG

1) True: there is no "blank all" command or equivalent.

2) Here are some rules of thumb for "cleaning" most modern Motorola subscribers:

A) Start by modifying all conventional personalities to set "scan" at "none." (Hint: the "Edit Field Down" function on Astro25 CPS is helpful here, but there is no equivalent command for Waris radios.)

B) Now you can delete all scan lists other than Scan List 1 without errors. Reset Scan List 1 to single entry of Z1C1.

C) At this point, you should be able to delete all zones other than Zone 1 without errors, and all channels in Zone 1 other than Channel 1 without errors.

D) Reset Zone 1 Channel 1 to a base frequency (450.025 in UHF radios), simplex, CSQ.

E) Now you should be able to delete all MDC systems (except 1) and the like, without errors.

F) Most people would stop there.

friendlybob

Thank you all for your input. This is driving me CRAZY!! The message keeps coming up invalid fiels when I try to save it and there are about 30 messages!! UGH!!

mancow

Database Admin
If you double click those messages they will take you to the spot in the CPS that needs correction.

friendlybob

Does anyone happen to have a cleared out HT 1250 that they can copy the codeplug and e-mail it or just post it so I can just do it that way. This is just getting more confusing to me. I've tried to click on the link and it keeps showing conventional personalities that aren't there!!

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
First, go to Conventional Personalities, double click on the first one and then select chart mode. You can then race through all the personalites setting Scan to None.

Then go to the Scan List and delete all but Scan list #1.

Then go to Personality Assignment to Zone. If you have multiple zones, start with the highest numbered zone, and remove each personality from the zone. When you get all done, you should have just one personality (Conventional 1) assigned to Zone 1. Delete any zones except Zone 1.

Then go to Conventional Personalities and delete all but one personality.

You can optionally go into the Signaling and Call menus and do much the same thing. You still have to have one of each under each section.

Go into the remaining single conventional personality and set all signaling to None.

You should be all set at this point.

You can always click on View at the very top of the window and then select Invalid Fields. That will give you a summary of any problems left. You can then fix each one.

Last edited:

friendlybob

Thank you for your assistance Steve. We had a blank codeplug when we got the radios new, but some, you know what, deleted it from the files!!! I appreciate all your help. We're getting new radios and we're going to be giving these to a dept. down South who has NO portables. We just want to erase them before they go.

friendlybob

may be a stupid question Steve or I'm doing something wrong. I got the scan lists to delete, when I go to the personality lists, it only goes as low as conventional 1 and there is no dropdown box for unassigned like the scan list. How do I get rid of these!! We're making progress, the invalid fields list is getting smaller!!

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
may be a stupid question Steve or I'm doing something wrong. I got the scan lists to delete, when I go to the personality lists, it only goes as low as conventional 1 and there is no dropdown box for unassigned like the scan list. How do I get rid of these!! We're making progress, the invalid fields list is getting smaller!!

PM coming your way.....

SCPD

QRT
Forget about trying to modify the existing cpg.
Just make a new one channel codeplug and write over the one in there.
You have to have one channel programmed. It can be a simple simplex csq channel.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Bob's all set. I had him send me a copy of the codeplug. I cleaned it out and cleared all the errors and shipped it back. Just got a note from him advising that it worked fine.

Glad to help, Bob!

Status
Not open for further replies.