Deleting US & Canada Database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allclear

Hi Everyone,

I'm an Australian user of the 436HP and would like to delete all the US and Canada frequencies from my scanner. The Sentenial software doesn't appear to give that option and was wondering if anyone knows how to do this. I would like my scanner to be empty of all freqs/databases so I can program my own information.

Thank you in advance.

trunker

The database is stored on the SD card along with your FL's and everything loads from that. Just disable it and it won't load when you power up the scanner.

allclear

But if I disable the SD card won't that mean I can not record to it? If I do disable it, can I store manually entered frequencies on the scanner's CPU?

trunker

You can't disable the SD card. Everything is stored on the card, not in the scanner. You want to turn the database off in 'set scan selection'>'select lists to monitor'.

omrail

AllCLEAR are you asking how to delete the database off the SD card and not have it download when you update via Sentinel?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
allclear: It's not easy to do and to be honest not necessary. Instead, you can shut off using the "Full Database" so that it only uses what you program in (which are put in Favorites Lists).

As trunker said in post #4, you can turn it off via the scanner using menus. Or, in Sentinel, go Edit>Edit Profile, and on the "Scan Selection" tab, make sure "Monitor Full Database" in the upper left corner is unchecked. At that point, your radio will only utilize the favorites lists that are shown in the space below that, so long as "Monitor" and "Download" are both set to ON.

It would be interesting to know, if you choose to build your favorites lists with location control enabled, how it behaves in your country. Theoretically it should work fine (though you wouldn't be able to enter a zip or post code of course, but you could connect the radio to a GPS to let it use location that way). While those of us in North America would set our location with a positive latitude (i.e. 51.000000) and negative longitude (-114.500000), you would do the reverse (-33.439184, 149.556960 for example). Then, if you plug in a GPS and make sure that Location Control is enabled for your favorites lists (on the screen I was describing before), the radio should turn systems and departments on and off automatically as you move into/out of range.

Status
Not open for further replies.