Dell Inspiron N5110 Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ermin

Hello All
Running Windows 7 64 bit. Laptop gets 1 second of blue screen goes to recovery. Tried F8 at the dell logo but I do not get the "Dell Factory Image Restore" choice. Downloaded Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) - X17-58997 onto a cd to do a clean install of Windows 7 but since I cannot get to Windows (but I can get to a safe mode command prompt) I'm not sure how to start using the CD. I have a Dell desktop with the same Windows 7 64 bit and made a recovery disk but it did not work.

I guess I need to know how to make a Bootable Windoes 7 64 bit disk please.

(don't know if it's a hardware or software problem. I'm just hoping it's a software problem)

Thank you

Ermin

CapStar362

to boot CD/DVD's on Dells, Press F12 right as you see the DELL logo. you will hear a BEEP to confirm the key press, and get a Screen asking which device to boot to.

ermin

Hello All
Running Windows 7 64 bit. Laptop gets 1 second of blue screen goes to recovery. Tried F8 at the dell logo but I do not get the "Dell Factory Image Restore" choice. Downloaded Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) - X17-58997 onto a cd to do a clean install of Windows 7 but since I cannot get to Windows (but I can get to a safe mode command prompt) I'm not sure how to start using the CD. I have a Dell desktop with the same Windows 7 64 bit and made a recovery disk but it did not work.

I guess I need to know how to make a Bootable Windoes 7 64 bit disk please.

(don't know if it's a hardware or software problem. I'm just hoping it's a software problem)

Thank you

Ermin

Hello Everyone

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I found that my problem was the software (Thank God!) and DELL has an ongoing old problem with their restore disk not working.

That said. I created a Windows 7 bootable CD and reinstalled Windows 7. Laptop works now. Now, comes the long process of installing drivers (ethernet , WiiFi and a lot more do not work.

73 Everyone

Ermin

Status
Not open for further replies.