Delta Amb in Waterville Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WPRV363 - DELTA AMBULANCE - Delta Amb in Waterville Maine - 155.115 repeater located in Franklin County

I think I heard them today responding to a MVA in Fairfield Maine - 155.115 - PL 103.5 - I think I heard the Somerset County dispatcher give the call to the ambulance dispatcher who passed it along to an ambulance - I did not hear the ambulance

I get to hear their operations from 5 counties away south when the air waves are clearer. We normally don't pick it up but we were getting it for a while durring the summer. My town uses the same frequency and pl tone and I used to hear delta base and other dispatch operations. Sometimes I heard tones on the channel with a dispatch, then delta base would copy and dispatch their on delta unit. Delta base and delta units come in clearer than the rest of their radio traffic.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
So maybe that is the primary channel for delta Amb in that area - and Somerset County Dispatch Center gives them calls via radio instead of calling them via telephone.

I cannot hear Somerset County dispatch from here, but from the sounds of the static, I hear a tone, the dispatch, delta base comes on and says "Delta base copies, Delta base to Delta 4. Delta 4 is enroute." (Somewhere down the line like that."

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
index

I found this webpage that gives extensive info about which cities and towns are serviced by Delta Ambulance Service

tac9c819

My inside knowledge is as follows for Delta: The Repeater site is in Franklin County. They get reasonable coverage in Eastern and Southern Maine, and better coverage in Central Maine where they are based out of. The Ambulances, Wheelchair Vans, and Dispatch radios are on the Repeater channel. The Waterville crews with portable radios have a direct and repeater flip frequency in their radio. That’s why you sometimes hear one side of the radio traffic because they’re not using the repeater channel. They get a lot of interference in the summer time as well. They get dispatched by radio by Waterville Communications for the towns of Albion, Clinton, Winslow, Waterville, Oakland, Belgrade, Rome, Sidney, and China. They also get dispatched by radio by Somerset County Communications for Fairfield, Benton, and Smithfield. I know they also take calls from Lincoln and Waldo County dispatch and Central Maine Regional Communications (who dispatch State Police) for medical calls. At the height of the day they run 7 Paramedic level trucks, 3 Basic level trucks, 2 wheel chair vans, and a supervisor vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.