Delta township fire question

Status
Not open for further replies.

i5adam8

Hi I was wondering if some of you Lansing area guys could answer a question for me.. I recently found out that Delta township fire department actually has 3 stations throughout the township. Now do they fully staff all 3 stations with a crew and an ambulance? Or is one of the stations just used to park trucks?

scannerman5000

Premium Subscriber
Yes, DTFD has 3 stations, but "technically" 4.
Station 1 (main) is on Canal @ Saginaw, 2 is the old "Looking Glass Fire" station on Grand River @ I-96.
Station 3 is on Snow at Michigan Ave, and "4" (Volunteer Station) is on Old Lansing Rd in Millett (never used)

Looking Glass fire shut down a few years ago, and Delta Twp. now runs calls in Clinton co for the Eagle area.

Hope this helps.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Station 1 has Engine 411, tanker 412 (which used to belong to Looking Glass and is still marked as such), Truck 416 (aerial platform), USAR/CBRNE 417, command vehicle 402, fire prevention 404, special response unit (trailer containing a Gator), hazmat trailer, a trailer from LGFD (not sure what they use it for), a boat, Brush 418, and ambulances A131, A132, & A134.
Station 3 has an engine (which was out of service when we were there and was being replaced by a reserve quint, Truck 436), utility 437, special response unit, and ambulance A136.
We haven't visited station 2.
Those 3 stations are staffed 24/7. I was not aware that they had a 4th station, so thanks, scannerman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.