DEM Park Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schoolcop

Are the DEM park rangers and park operations on RISCON or are the still on VHF. If still on VHF what freq. do they use and if on RISCON what talk group are they on. Thanks Gary

wa1lad

I can confirm they are NOT on RISCON. As for the VHF, no idea.

wa1lad

I have confirmed 151.175 CSQ is in use by the DEM park rangers.

hummin24

Feed Provider
DEM 800 radio (control) is controlled by a dispatch room in Providence. The rangers (18 y/o kids) are on the 800 radio system. . Dont know the talk group but I think for some reason it is encrypted? You will often hear DEM police calling out statewide for rescues or police backp.

wa1lad

DEM is controlled by its own dispatch center in Providence. If you don't know the TG how can you assume its encrypted? Maybe pay a bit more attention and get a TG next time. The lack of info only confuses the situation more. DEM uses FD/PD Intercity (RISCON) to request assistance for their officers. The only State Park employees using RISCON are the Park supervisors and full-time employees. The seasonal employees will use DEM VHF.

Allan327

I hear them all the time on TG 120 on the N E and S zones. The DB also lists TG 122 but I've never heard any activity on it.
However one time I heard a unit on TG 125 during a water rescue, but only once and no one answered them.

I have heard Rangers on 151.175, but I also occasionally hear what sounds like DEM traffic on 151.385 ctcss 118.8. Is this some kind of simulcast or something else?

wa1lad

TG 120 is DEM Dispatch which is allowed on East, North and South zones. Who exactly are you hearing on it other than the EPO's (Environmental Police Officers)? TG's 122 and 125 have VERY sparse activity and usually it's nothing worth listening to.

VHF 151.385 is the DEM statewide VHF system. It has pretty good coverage and is used mostly by the EPO's.

Allan327

I've only heard the EPO's on TG 120
I was just curious about the difference between the RISCON TG and the VHF channel. Is it a secondary channel or is it used for certain areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.