DEMHS (Dep't Of Emergency Management - Homeland Security)

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
A few months back, I received a ticket that DEMHS has fully upgraded to CLMRN and abandoned the VHF Hi-Band system. However I received a 2nd ticket giving all the VHF channels. I tend to lean towards the CLMRN move, but can someone confirm this?

Reconrider

I can try to confirm later on.
What part of the state are you able to hear the vhf hi band?

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
A few months back, I received a ticket that DEMHS has fully upgraded to CLMRN and abandoned the VHF Hi-Band system. However I received a 2nd ticket giving all the VHF channels. I tend to lean towards the CLMRN move, but can someone confirm this?
They do have a few talkgroups on CLMRN however the VHF is still used. At least for now.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
DEMHS should still be utilizing the VHF Low and High bands. The VHF High band frequencies are utilized by the the 5 regions' town EOC's in CT to communicate with each other and the state. Not every single town will be on the CLMRN or have equipment to it. It is possible that these VHF High Band frequencies could be patched in to the CLMRN system. As for the two VHF Low Band, not sure what their disposition is. I'll do some more research and see if I can find out any more information and get it to you correctly.

VHF High Band (All PLs are 162.2)
153.7550 - Region 1 (Fairfield County except Danbury and north)
153.8000 - Region 2 (New Haven County, Middlsex County)
153.9350 - Region 3 (Hartford County)
153.9650 - Region 4 (Eastern CT - New London, Tolland and Windham Counties)
153.7400 - Region 5 (Litchfield County, northern Fairfield County)
[Descriptions are approimate as I don't have the area list in front of me]

VHF Low Band (PL 114.8)
45.5200 - EM 1
45.6000 - EM 2

Status
Not open for further replies.