Denison University

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurre

I live in Granville and I am a total beginner when it comes to radio scanning. What do I need to listen to Denison University? What does this LTR system mean? Does it mean that it the frequency is encrypted or trunked?
Can I listen with a simple Uniden BC72XLT?

Thanks
John

Last edited by a moderator:

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I live in Granville and I am a total beginner when it comes to radio scanning. What do I need to listen to Denison University? What does this LTR system mean? Does it mean that it the frequency is encrypted or trunked?
Can I listen with a simple Uniden BC72XLT?

Thanks
John

John,

LTR is a type of trunked radio system. For more on how trunking work, click on this link "LTR".

Your BC72XLT will not track trunked radio systems. You can use it to monitor the frequencies conventionally, just program them in.
Seeing as how there are only three different departments using the system. It should not be too hard to figure out who is
talking without the talkgroup information.

Good luck,

hurre

sorry for all the questions but I found this page:

Licking County Public Safety Live Scanner Audio Feed

It supposedly stream the Denison radio but I only hear Newark fire and police department. Does the "left" and "right" mean output speakers so its enough to listen to the left one?

Since its pretty quiet, could it be that DU security doesn't use the radio that much or is it being overridden by the other senders? Is there anyway I can only listen to Denison?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
sorry for all the questions but I found this page:

Licking County Public Safety Live Scanner Audio Feed

It supposedly stream the Denison radio but I only hear Newark fire and police department. Does the "left" and "right" mean output speakers so its enough to listen to the left one?

Since its pretty quiet, could it be that DU security doesn't use the radio that much or is it being overridden by the other senders? Is there anyway I can only listen to Denison?

Yes, the left speaker is the one that offers the DU Security.
Not knowing how big their campus is, I would not be able to judge how
busy their radio traffic may be, but I am sure it is not close to the level
that OSU might be.

The only way to listen to DU alone is to get a LTR capable scanner
and program in their system.

ibagli

Unfortunately it seems like DU isn't being picked up because of interference (on my end) on one of the channels. I'll move things around and see if I can fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.