Denton County

ffighter17

Premium Subscriber
Is there a break down of what agencies are on the following sites of the Denton Co Regional System. Denton Simulcast, Lewisville Simulcast, Denton City. I am listening from the west side of Grayson Co and I miss a lot of traffic and was wanting to break them down to more specific agencies but not sure what system the different agencies are on. I am assuming Muenster, Gainesville and Cooke Northwest and Northeast are all the Cooke Co TRS system.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
City of Denton is on the Denton City site. Lewisville is on the Lewisville site (with a few talkgroups on the Denton Simulcast(county) site. Everyone else in Denton County is pretty much on the Denton Simulcast site. There might be some occasional roaming. The few Cooke Co talkgroups I've heard have been on the Denton Simulcast(county) site mainly. I'm in Tarrant. When I drove up to Cooke a while back, didn't hear much more at the time, but maybe there's more activity up there now.

ffighter17

Premium Subscriber
City of Denton is on the Denton City site. Lewisville is on the Lewisville site (with a few talkgroups on the Denton Simulcast(county) site. Everyone else in Denton County is pretty much on the Denton Simulcast site. There might be some occasional roaming. The few Cooke Co talkgroups I've heard have been on the Denton Simulcast(county) site mainly. I'm in Tarrant. When I drove up to Cooke a while back, didn't hear much more at the time, but maybe there's more activity up there now.
Thanks for the info, that is what I was thinking. Denton and Lewisville are the 2 that I am missing most of the time. I do hear Lewisville from time to time but dont think I have been able to hear denton at all. I am doing to reprogramming on my SDS100 trying to cut scan times down.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Set system hold time to 2 seconds. Then my preference per talk group is 4 or 5 seconds hold time.
Also it helps to separate agencies to match the sites they use. Back when i worked in Lewisville, I had them in my scanner in their own scan list with the Lewisville site. I then had Denton county with those agencies and that site in a different scan list. This way on the drive up i could have it all but when i got to work it was just Lewisville.
I do the same with NTIRN. Irving has its own scan list with just that site, GP with the GP site, Dallas with Dallas 3-1. and so on.

kb5ede

I am trying to listen to Pilot Point EMS and Fire. I tried scanning entire system, still not hearing that city. Any suggestions?

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
They're dispatched by and on the Denton County fire channels. They have their own talk group, but most responses will be on the county channels.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Best if you familiarize yourself with the station numbers. I borrowed this from the Wiki:

Denton County Fire Unit Numbers
Engine, Medic, Truck, Quint, Chief, etc. followed by 3 digit number.
For example, E621 is Little Elm Engine 1

Argyle 510-519
Aubrey 520-529
Denton Co. 530-549
Denton Co. Fire Marshal 700-73x
Double Oak 550-559
Flower Mound 500-510
Highland Village 560-569
Justin 570-579
Krum 580-589
Lake Cities 590-599
Lewisville 160-169