Denver Center/ Denver International Audio Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiowaves

Hi Group,

Looking for an online audio stream of Denver Center and/or DIA.

Anyone know of anyone streaming?

Thanks,
Chad
N0YK

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Liveatc.net is one of the most popular and well run sites for live atc.
http://audio.liveatc.net:8012/kden.m3u
This is for DIA tower and apch/dep control. Center might be a little hard to find. There are transmitters scattered all over the center's coverage area and you have to be within maybe 5-10 miles max of the transmitter to receive the controller transmissions. I looked and there are no Denver center feeds on liveatc.net. I know they will try to only stream feeds that can receive both sides of the conversation.

Last edited:

radiowaves

Craig,

Thanks for the link. I'm pretty sure this is the page I've been checking for the last 6 months or so and it always said DIA feed down. I wonder if they just got it up??

I was hoping someone had a private feed out there. But the feed is up and running right now.

Can you or anyone else here on the forum tell me more about the Center Equipment (power out, antennas, locations) setups? Very interested in the operation of the Centers around the US.

Thanks,
Chad
N0YK

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Chad,
I don't know a whole lot about the specs of the equipment or antennas the FAA uses, but I can tell you that the antennas are located all over the place, often on remote mountain tops. Just a wild guess, but I would bet that each center has around 10-15 antenna locations at minimum. The actual physical location for Denver Center is in Longmont. From there, the transmissions are relayed through various means (microwave, landline, etc) to and from the remote locations. Same goes for the radar feeds. There are radars in remote locations to ensure complete coverage over the center's area of responsibility.

I was considering trying to get a group together to see about touring either TRACON out at DIA (which I've been to twice), or the ARTCC in Longmont (which I have not been to). Just got to get this training out of the way first!

radiowaves

That's alright. Maybe we'll get lucky and have a tech for the FAA chime in if he can even give infomation on the stuff.

A tour would be Awesome! Wish I lived closer to Denver. I do happen to have a site for KC Center near my house, now that I seen it on a map for KC Center, know what it is.

Thanks,
Chad
N0YK

radiowaves

Denver Center Audio Feed Down Again

Hey Craig,

Just went to listen to the DIA audio feed and it is down again. Do you know who maintains this feed? It could of only been up a day or so, because I would check it often before I checked it yesterday.

Down again.

Last edited:

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
I don't know who runs that feed. If I ever move to a location where I can hear both sides, I'll provide an alternate feed for liveatc.

Ryfly

Premium Subscriber
Up here a 8300FT in Conifer, i can hear both sides. Though the Controllers depending on weather etc, can be sort of unclear.

Status
Not open for further replies.