Denver Chooses Motorola for P25 Phase II System, Public Safety will be Encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
the 154.070 is a open Dispatch channel, and always have done that, but the other firegrounds are closed,
they can say thats there "open transparent" channel.\
and also the denver fire museum, had a huge issue back in 96 when they was going to close the 154.070 channel,
so i bet you once that gets closed off they will have a fit!!!!!

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Back in the early years with EDACS there was a period of time when there was zero activity on VHF for DFD and of course no scanners could track EDACS.

The vocalarm setup was microwave and the frequency range they were on was reallocated and they had to vacate that band.

154.070 came to life when some new stations were put into service and the vocalarm begain operation on it. They had an EDACS radio patched to 154.070 that was heard inbetween calls similiar to what we are hearing now with P25. In a way history repeating.

Unfortunately Wyolink in their infinite wisdom decided to have their South 85 Cheyenne Ridge control channel on 154.070 and when certain conditions are in place can interfere with reception in the metro area. It appears that DFD is using the Mt. Morrison site for 154.070 and I am able to hear it up here if I position radios a certain way.

Status
Not open for further replies.