Denver enhanced dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanbuff1965

Hearing on DPD lately about Enhanced Dispatch and having the MDT's re programmed for Enhanced Dispatch, and also noticing a programmed channel for Dispatch Plus. Does anyone know what is going on and tell me more about this ? Thank you

K4XB

Coplink?

Hearing on DPD lately about Enhanced Dispatch and having the MDT's re programmed for Enhanced Dispatch, and also noticing a programmed channel for Dispatch Plus. Does anyone know what is going on and tell me more about this ? Thank you

This might be the start of the Coplink system. Coplink is one of the 2010 technology initiatives for Denver Technology Services. The EEB is part of Technology Services.

See the links below:

http://www.i2group.com/documents/product-sheets/COPLINK/COPLINK Dashboard.pdf

9NEWS.com | Denver | Colorado's Online News Leader | More powerful crime-fighting computer software comes to Denver

Scotty, K4XB

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Coplink is a police database (FI, reports, tickets, etc.) program that allows multiple agencies to share information. An example would be if agency A searches their database for the address of a person and the last contact they had with that person was 5 years ago and may not be current, but through coplink they can search other agencies databases so they could find that agency C contacted that person 1 month ago with a more current address and thus can have a better chance of finding that person. This is only one way to use coplink, but my understanding is that it is not a dispatch or CAD applicaton.

jfab

Coplink is a police database (FI, reports, tickets, etc.) program that allows multiple agencies to share information. An example would be if agency A searches their database for the address of a person and the last contact they had with that person was 5 years ago and may not be current, but through coplink they can search other agencies databases so they could find that agency C contacted that person 1 month ago with a more current address and thus can have a better chance of finding that person. This is only one way to use coplink, but my understanding is that it is not a dispatch or CAD applicaton.
Does agency "C" have to have coplink too? Or can agency "A" search "C"'s database without it?

speard

Premium Subscriber
It's my understanding that only the agencies that participate in COPLINK have access to other COPLINK data.

utlchris

Does lakewood? If not, are they planning on it?

Does anyone know of any other agencies in the metro area that has this?

I believe Jeffco and Lakewood were one of the first up on it.

Adams County Agencies
Arvada
Brighton
Broomfield
Golden
Westminster
Wheat Ridge
Aurora
CSP

Plus some others in the state that I'm not real sure of

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber