K4XB

Denver PS Trunking ESK Test Schedule

Monday 7 July 0600 - 0900 and 1400 - 1700

Wednesday 9 July 0600 - 0900 and 1400 - 1700

K4XB
Real radios glow in the dark

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
I still don't have ESK on my radios.... guess I won't be able to talk when I'm away from the airport.

Thayne

It is capable if the feature is enabled, if not the feature costs about $100

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
With Obama arriving for a campaigning venue at DCPA on Monday I would think the EEB would postpone the ESK testing till after the event.

The city really doesn't need another embarrassing moment.

Thayne

With Obama arriving for a campaigning venue at DCPA on Monday I would think the EEB would postpone the ESK testing till after the event.

The city really doesn't need another embarrassing moment.

The way things have been piling on lately, if it messes up and they want to revert to normal, the controller will probably lock up and start smoking when they give the command--

Then the fat lady will sing "Bungle in the Jungle" instead of "Hail to the Chief"

FiremanSparky

the Way Things Have Been Piling On Lately, If It Messes Up And They Want To Revert To Normal, The Controller Will Probably Lock Up And Start Smoking When They Give The Command--

Then The Fat Lady Will Sing "bungle In The Jungle" Instead Of "hail To The Chief"

Then I Must Prostate Myself Before The Technical Glich Gods!!!!! :)

Last edited:

scanlist

"Radio Maintenance" doing radio checks on the Car to Car Citywide TG 05-066 on the PUBLIC WORKS EDACS system. Possibly for interop with DCPA Ops?

Attached pic says it all. I'm laughing at myself big time. It's McCain visiting DCPA tomorrow.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Not for long I guess Phil, has been off all morning and continues to be non-esk currently.

Jim<

rckydenver

I think Phil caught it between the testing times, 0600-0900 this am, and then this afternoon it suppose to be in between 1400 - 1700 pm.. So where about 40 minutes away.

scanlist

Yep it was during the test hours.

What is interesting, and to be expected, were reports of radios going into CC scan during the ESK test with users making trips to the EEB to correct it. After they reverted back to the normal CC protocol reports of radios going into CC scan again with more users heading to the EEB.

Seamlessly switching modes appears to be problematic for radios designed to work with ESK.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
And now that Denver has turned on ESK (for the test period) at least the PSR-500 is working fine scanning both Denver and Lakewood at the same time.

Jim<

Scan-Denver

Reports of more Denver units having problems (displaying CC Scan) and not being able to affiliate in ESK mode (ESK test scheduled for today) - link.

PSR 500 is working fine here with no interruption - for those of you who don't have an ESK capable scanner, you can listen online here.

Last edited:

SlamX

OK what handheld scanners can I buy that will work with the new system?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.