Denver fire

stevecubfan

Premium Subscriber
As curt mentioned several weeks ago denver fire vocalarm on the denver trunk is now encrypted. 154.070 is still in the clear for who knows how long.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
As curt mentioned several weeks ago denver fire vocalarm on the denver trunk is now encrypted. 154.070 is still in the clear for who knows how long.
Okay, but did you check to verify the claim?

If yes, then you might want to check your programming. You may be confusing the VocAlarm talkgroup (TG 35426) with the Fire 1 (Dispatch) talkgroup (TG 35401). Fire 1 has been encrypted since day one, but the VocAlarm remains in the clear. Source: Verified with a radio just a second ago.

colodak

ADCOM, Thornton, Westy, DFD, among others. All in the clear over UHF/VHF back in the 90's. Yep, I remember the good ole days of scanning.
I grew up in Arvada, had Arvada PD/FD, Westy PD/FD, ADCOM (which back then dispatched Thornton, Northglenn, Commerce City, Brighton and ADCCSO), Jeffco, Boulder, Wheatridge, Lakewood and DPD/FD all in my 100 ch Uniden, it was so much easier and safer.

KE0HIN

vocalarm on the Denver trunk I have heard in clear traffic on this the last few mornings some sort of morning roll call test "all stations received"

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
The VHF VOC/Dispatch simulcast on 154.070 is off the air.

VOC announcements on TG 35426 are still in the clear.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
VOC announcements on TG 35426 are still in the clear.
Mostly in the clear with one exception. In the rare case that a dispatcher manually airs traffic, they now multicast on Fire 1, the known VocAlarm talkgroup, and TG 35507 which looks like an encrypted VocAlarm talkgroup. It appears that encryption is strapped on the dispatch consoles. I believe the dispatchers prevously accessed the VocAlarm radio directly, but it seems like all of these changed on the July 31st.

The new talkgroup is not great sign, but we will see.

scanlist

No it's a phase 2 talkgroup and the 106 is only phase 1 capabile.

Now that talkgroup 35426 is mixed clear with dispatcher override now ENC this indicates that the intended targets of the alerts is ENC receive capable and would not surprise me that it goes full ENC in the near future or to the new talkgroup Spitfire identified.

scanlist

At this time it would appear so.

Recently there was mention on the Rocky Mountain Monitoring Net that DFD was planning on doing this along with the VOC talkgroup.

On a similiar note while monitoring West Metro recently I noted all their automated station alerting groups are now ENC.

scanlist

And it's history. All activity on talkgroup 35426 is ENC including the VOC radio ID 815837.

Denver Health OPS and ETAC groups are still in the clear.