Denver PS EDACS outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

Today Denver Public Safety EDACS had a complete outage from about 2:22 pm until 2:30 pm. It sounded like the EEB guys reset a multiplexer at Loretto Heights right before it happened.

No control channel could be heard during that time.

Then they switched dispatch consoles to the back up remote site (the ROC). And the system was up on Morrison.

They are still trying to figure out exactly what happened.

dw2872

And they were thinking the multiplexer at Loretto Heights was not passing comms from Josephine (main dispatch) to Morrison.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Still on the Mt Morrison backup site at 4:15.. Now experiencing random audio dropouts on all TG's.

dw2872

"MOM" is the Master Oscillator Mux Tee Module. You are probably hearing them refer to the Tee also.

If that went down that would cause a whole lot of havoc.

That is just my guess, being from a wideband satellite radio background in the Air Force.

scanlist

Voting receivers are back online and things are stable again. Still on Mt Morrison.

Been quite some time being able to hear everything Den PS up here.

dw2872

And the dispatch consoles are back up at Josephine. So they switched back from the ROC.

dw2872

That last outage occurred during system maintenance by the technicians and it doesn't look like they are doing any maintenance right now.

Also, I don't see any indications of an outage in the last few minutes. What are you seeing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

dw2872

Yes I am receiving it and others I have checked with are as well. What area are you in?

Also i checked back over the past hour and dispatchers have not said anything about any problems either, which was the case last time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scanlist

Check for the usual problems with loss of signal as in antenna connection or interference from electronic items such as computers and routers etc.

Sprint has begun turning on wide-band transmitters in their 862 to 869 frequency band recently and could possibly be cause desensing issues with scanners that are close to their towers. Verizon towers are also known to cause problems in close proximity as well.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
For whatever reason Denver City Services EDACS has a better signal in my area, I believe the site coverage is a bit different. And, you can often hear several DPD Dispatch channels and Fire channels on that system, they come and go at seemingly random intervals. So, you could always try that system as a "backup".

TDHG4U61

Premium Subscriber
For whatever reason Denver City Services EDACS has a better signal in my area, I believe the site coverage is a bit different. And, you can often hear several DPD Dispatch channels and Fire channels on that system, they come and go at seemingly random intervals. So, you could always try that system as a "backup".

Thanks guys, I added the Denver PW site onto the PS system now I can hear Denver again, interesting.

Appreciate all the help,
Amos

scanlist

What scanner are you using? Check your programming for the PS system if you really wish to monitor everything PS.

Nate's recommendation is flawed as Public Safety groups on the PW system are very erratic at best. Denver Fire is a rarity and all 6 DPD districts being available at the same time just does not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.