Denver PS system problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Hearing dispatchers advising officers of radio system problems with radios in the field not getting through and some dispatch comm not getting through as well.

Radio techs are stepping through some of the LCN's on TG 129 with test counts at the time of this post.

Phil.

Scan-Denver

scanlist said:
Hearing dispatchers advising officers of radio system problems with radios in the field not getting through and some dispatch comm not getting through as well.

Radio techs are stepping through some of the LCN's on TG 129 with test counts at the time of this post.

Phil.
I heard this as well - wonder what changes they have made or what else maybe going on to make this happen ??

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
It sounded like some type of television video signal interference getting into some of the voting receivers. (buzzing sound interference with transmissions from the field)

Does not explain the alleged console problems though.

Phil.

Scan-Denver

hmmm, sounds like you were hearing more of the interference than I was and I'm just a hop, skip, and a jump away.

From what I heard, it was only the dispatcher's who were having problems hearing the officers. One of the dispatchers actually asked if anyone was having a problem hearing him. Didn't hear anyone chime in.

Interesting that I was able to hear both sides of the conversation clearly but the dispatchers were having trouble hearing the officers.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Scan-Denver said:
Interesting that I was able to hear both sides of the conversation clearly but the dispatchers were having trouble hearing the officers.

I wouldn't be surprised. Many times, the link from dispatch goes via landline (phone or T1) to the sites rather than actually over the air. Maybe that's where the problem is, rather than the radio system itself.

Just my .02 :)

RISC777

A lot of Dispatch doing radio checks with mobiles, 2:00 a.m. Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.