Denver Public Safety ESK - delayed activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rckydenver

The convention doesn't officially kick off till 3pm this afternoon. That being said, there was alot of DNC related traffic on the feed link you referenced on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during the day.

Now alot of the comms won't be heard because they either are encrypted, we have chosen not to add for specific reasons, and the feed is already tied up with 12 police channels, 1 fire, and 1 ems channel. So as you can probably imagine the feed already has comms that are being missed because 2 or more talkgroups transmitting at the same time.

Just check,190 listeners on Denver feed, this must be a record..

*BTW anyone see the advertisments in between the post in forums..

Last edited:

daedalus

The convention doesn't officially kick off till 3pm this afternoon. That being said, there was alot of DNC related traffic on the feed link you referenced on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during the day.

Now alot of the comms won't be heard because they either are encrypted, we have chosen not to add for specific reasons, and the feed is already tied up with 12 police channels, 1 fire, and 1 ems channel. So as you can probably imagine the feed already has comms that are being missed because 2 or more talkgroups transmitting at the same time.

Thank you, Bill. I'll keep tuned in. Thanks for providing a very interesting feed!

Jack

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
What is esk and will a pro 97 still trunk for denver public safety etc.
Unfortunately you cannot track Denver Public safety or Lakewood with it anymore. This also applies to all scanners with EDACS the exception being the GRE PSR-500 and PSR-600 which cost $500.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
and the feed is already tied up with 12 police channels, 1 fire, and 1 ems channel. So as you can probably imagine the feed already has comms that are being missed because 2 or more talkgroups transmitting at the same time.

You ought to take a look at the system in operation with Unitrunker. Been pretty close to capacity a good part of the day yesterday and the real party hasn't started yet. So far the system is coping quite well.

I have been able to track with unitrunker even with the distant signal fades and associated capture effect between multiple site signals. Unfortunately you get beeped (disconnect tones) to death as the program likes to hold on the VC for several seconds if the TG doesn't move to another VC. No love for EDACS tracking with this software. It's annoying as hell but it's better than nothing at this point.

Yeah I need a wheelbarrow full of cash for a PSR radio.

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
What is esk and will a pro 97 still trunk for denver public safety etc. I was using a pro 94 and all of a sudden the calls just stopped. Read where something was switched to esk. What is this and what does it mean for casual scanners like me? What would I need to set my scanners up for to get back on track.

Thanks so much for the help......
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/ESK

Status
Not open for further replies.