Denver Public Safety ESK - delayed activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4XB

From what I hear, there is a delay with Denver PS ESK activation. Mayor Hick does not want to switch to ESK at this time. Reason for this? Unknown to me.

Scotty, K4XB
Real radios glow in the dark

radiationbob

The power of the press

Do you suppose that the media complaints about their inability to monitor were the reason for this decision?

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Not sure why the mayor would care one way or the other. He has way bigger issues to deal with.

Each time EEB flipped the CC to ESK or back to normal they ran into numerous complaints in the field about radios going into CC scan. Technical issues and time constraints are most likely the case if they don't flip the switch before the big party at the end of the month.

radiationbob

Won't the cc scan problem go away once the system is permanently switched to ESK? Once the individual radio is on and running, it should remain operational.

How did Lakewood manage to turn their ESK on without all of the problems Denver is experiencing?

ch40n1k

Won't the cc scan problem go away once the system is permanently switched to ESK? Once the individual radio is on and running, it should remain operational.

How did Lakewood manage to turn their ESK on without all of the problems Denver is experiencing?

Significantly smaller system?

Thayne

I think Hickenblooper probably does care about the media, I have talked to him a few times at retirements & other social events. He is a really nice guy, but now I bet he is having a hard time keeping eveyone happy.
(IMHO it is impossible anyway, especially with all the shark politicians & bureaucrats)

There was an understanding that the media would get new radios to do ESK, so a detailed accounting was done to determine what was out there. ( Maybe that was just a ruse to document all of the EDACS radios in posession of the media, I don't know)

Anyway, for whatever reason, that hasn't happened. Rest assured they will turn it on whenever they want--

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
A few more days!

Word is ESK will be turned on this weekend system wide.

Jim<

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
I would imagine they would continue the vocalarm activity on 154.070.

If only wyolink would get their CC off of 154.070 on their S. Greeley Highway site and stop interfering up here.

ESK lit up at 7 this morning and flipping the PRO-433, BCD296 and 796 radios to EDACS SCT (SCAT) has been pretty much effective in catching activity on the PS system. Signal conditions for monitoring Denver, DIA and Aurora have been good mornings and evenings up here recently.

warthog999

Premium Subscriber
Help New to all this.

What is esk and will a pro 97 still trunk for denver public safety etc. I was using a pro 94 and all of a sudden the calls just stopped. Read where something was switched to esk. What is this and what does it mean for casual scanners like me? What would I need to set my scanners up for to get back on track.

Thanks so much for the help......

Scan-Denver

I have been listening to the Denver local feed at http://co.scanamerica.us/index.php?county=Denver last night and this morning and yet to hear anything that seems related to activity around the DNC.

Is there another feed I should be listening to or is all of the DNC-related traffic encrypted?

Thanks
The convention doesn't officially kick off till 3pm this afternoon. That being said, there was alot of DNC related traffic on the feed link you referenced on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during the day.

Now alot of the comms won't be heard because they either are encrypted, we have chosen not to add for specific reasons, and the feed is already tied up with 12 police channels, 1 fire, and 1 ems channel. So as you can probably imagine the feed already has comms that are being missed because 2 or more talkgroups transmitting at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.