Denver self dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanbuff1965

I recently found out the Denver Police Department is now able to self dispatch themselves from the MDTs in there vehicles, they are able to put themselves in and out of service, put themselves on a call and many other things just from a touch of a button. However, they have been having issues with the MDTs working and working since they have this new dispatch function installed.

jlinko

Premium Subscriber
Grand Junction PD has had that capability for several years now. If memory serves, their use of it from the field is limited by policy to status changes, adding comments to the incident recall, and possibly clearing the incident, once they have advised dispatch verbally that they are available. Assignment of the incidents is still done by the dispatcher, although the field personnel can read the comments of pending incidents and request they be assigned to them.

utlchris

Same at Lakewood. It is possible for them to create calls, but restricted by policy. They can however re-locate, arrive, clear, C4, and put themselves out on administrative calls. I.E. Shops, C7 (meal break), station, etc. We shall see how far Denver will let this go. Questions that come to mind are abuse of the system, putting themselves out on a call and beat partner does not know. Etc. It can be a great tool, but easily abused as well.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Aurora PD can self dispach themselves as long as the call that they are dispatching themselves is in their queue. I am not sure what all they can do. They can see all the calls that are waiting to be dispatched, they can ask the dispatcher to give them a call if the call is not in their queue (such as the call is not in their district), the can generate calls, show arrival, add notes, clear calls and things such as that.

scanbuff1965

More on Denver Self Dispatch

Denver Self Dispatch, The officers are able to preempt themselves just like Aurora does for calls, they are able to see calls that are pending and able to put themselves in and out of service and etc. However, most of the time the MDTs do not function, they are constantly having to contact EEB to load software or fix an issue or even contact dispatch to take them offline and re-add them, sounds like they need to go with some updated MDTs.

speard

Premium Subscriber
My agency has been able to do this for years. Off the top of my head, officers can check: Pending calls, active calls, active unit status, use NCIC/CCIC for people, cars, guns, boats, items. Certain users can self dispatch to an active or pending call. They can create their own calls for service, show themselves out at court, lunch, the station, a meeting, on a detail. They can also instant message any user logged into the system.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
However, most of the time the MDTs do not function, they are constantly having to contact EEB to load software or fix an issue or even contact dispatch to take them offline and re-add them, sounds like they need to go with some updated MDTs.

This is an effect of the software and not the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.