DEP Fish & Wildlife Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

habfleet

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know if they have changed freqs. or gone to encryption They are usually chatty especially on the weekends . Have not heard anything in about a week. Just wondering.

K2NEC

What are you listening to them on? I hear them loud and clear on their NJICS talkgroup.

habfleet

Premium Subscriber
Yes i have them programed on the njics system. I hear the park police. But recently i have not heard the Conservation police north or south zone

katt02

Katt
Yes i have them programed on the njics system. I hear the park police. But recently i have not heard the Conservation police north or south zone
Which talkgroup numbers do you mean when you refer to Conservation police north or south?

GM

Premium Subscriber
Fish and wildlife are now utilizing P25 Phase 2 mode. They also used to simulcast across all towers, whether a unit was affiliated to the specific tower or not. There was a change in the past few months where fish and wildlife units now only broadcast on the towers that the radio is affiliated to,and no longer simulcast across all towers at the same time as state park police currently do. Fish and wildlife also have a few encrypted talkgroups as well, and the database is correct.

habfleet

Premium Subscriber
I have TG 2605(north) and 2609 (south) this is what I had been listening to till recently went silent on my radio

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You failed to mention which site(s) you're scanning, however the bottom line is that if no subscriber radios are affiliated with any of the sites you're scanning, the talkgroup won't be active at those sites, and you won't hear any activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.