Department of Defense P25 So. Cal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I monitor the DOD P25 system here in So. California. I live only a few miles from Seal Beach Naval Weapons station, and can monitor the Seal Beach, Norco, and San Onofre sites without any problems Many of the talk groups, in addition to Seal Beach, are from Camp Pendelton. Miramar Air Base, and other surrounding military sites.
My question involves updated lists of TGs. I regularly seem to log some TGs like 31900, 31112, and 31305 (among others) that I can't seem to find in the RRDB (including most recent download for my x36HPs).
Wonder if anyone has any information about a more comprehensive TG list.
Thanks
Steve AA6IO

kma371

QRT
Only known talkgroups are listed in the DB. T

Try to monitor them and see who might be using them or begin a discussion here on what type is traffic is heard and with the help of other members, we might be able to figure out who it is.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
kma317,
Thanks for reply. Will record and monitor some of these TGs. Just in a 12 hour period today logging Seal Beach, San Onofre, and Norco, had 20 TGs that remain unidentified. The numbers seem and number of these hits on San Onofre suggest that a large percentage of the unidentified TGs are at Capm Pendelton, and a few others at Miramar Air Station.
I'm not sure these are popular monitoring sites, but just in the freq. range of 386 to 388. 9375, had about 2000 hits over a 12-hour period. Quite an active P25 system.
Regards
Steve AA6IO

DeeBotchery

You have combined sites from two different systems. Even though they're both listed under System ID 14C, one has a NAC of 14C while the other has a NAC of 140. You can monitor it as one system but you'll be bogged down by the amount of active TG's from all of them. Separate them, and it will be more efficient and controllable.

If you're interested in Seal Beach, you would want to follow the NAC 140 system. It will include NB San Diego and surrounding Navy sites, NB Ventura County, NAF El Centro and San Clemente Island Range groups.

Monitoring the NAC 14C system, you will receive Camp Pendleton, Miramar and Yuma...the USMC group.

Status
Not open for further replies.