Department of Public Saftey And Lexington Mutial Aid UHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPD845

About a 2 years ago when I started working for a police department I've never been able to hit the tower on the Mutial Aid Channel Licencesed to DPS OR LEXINGTON Freq. RX 460.0500 AND TX 465.0500 PL 173.8
I've wondered wether or not the tower is still existint. The question is there some screwy way the pl tone's are laid out or did they decide to get rid of it? :?

evan

Database Admin
I've never heard a repeater on this frequency. I have heard it used in simplex mode in Lexington County with a tone of 173.8

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Its not a repeater,.. thats a simplex MA freq,.. the only tower might be the Base Stations,.....but its not repeated. You rarely see Mutual Aid stuff on repeaters, every now and then you may,.. but its rare.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
Actually, both the State Dept of Public Safety in Columbia and the City of West Columbia are licensed for mobile repeater operations on the mutual aid channel.

There were some comments recently on another S.C. forum regarding not hearing anything on another of the regional mutual aid channels. Someone asked whether the particular channel was still in use, because they weren't hearing anything.

That channel is still in use, but not to the same degree it has been used in the past. Personally, I hadn't noticed the decrease in comms traffic until the post.

Reasons why the traffic has decreased may include the availability of other communications methods (PC, Palmetto 800), as well as the state's move to consolidate all SCHP communications to Columbia (the SCHP comm centers have been the net control in each district).

In my area, I have never heard a mobile unit working on the regional mutual aid channel (155.535 / 127.3). It has been a base-only channel. Both Fort Mill and Mecklenberg Co (NC) work the net off the input - 154.830 / 127.3.

Jeff Multer
Fort Mill, S.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.